2. The music and dance forms of any place represent the rich culture of that particular place.
3. The Chhattisgarh is famous for its unique folk traditions that are reflected through the various dance forms, folk songs and folk dramas.
4. There are a number of dance forms which is represented through dance, songs and dialogues: Panthi Raut Nacha Gaur Maria Dance Karma
5. Panthi Panthi is the folk dance of Chhattisgarh. It is the folk dance of Satnami community of Chhattisgarh.
6. This dance form is performed on Maghi Purnima, the birth anniversary of their Guru (Saint) Guru Ghasidas, the dance is evolving to include a variety of steps and patterns.
7. On the occasion, the dancers dance around a jaitkhamb set up to the songs eulogizing their spiritual head. The Nirvana philosophy, conveying the spirit of renunciation of their Guru and the teachings of saint poets like Kabir, Ramdas, Dadu, etc is reflected through their songs.
8. Raut Nacha A traditional folk dance of Chhattisgarh which is done as a symbol of devotion to Lord Krishna.
9. The yadavs/yaduvanshis is a caste which consider itself as descendants of Krishna mainly perform this dance form.
10. According to the Hindu calendar, it is performed at the time of Dev udhni ekadashi' which is considered as the time of awakening of Gods after brief rest.
11. Gaur Maria Dance The Gaur Maria Dance form is the folk dance of Chhattisgarh of the people of Bison Horn Marias of Abhujmaria plateau of Bastar in Chhattisgarh.
12. It is performed on the occasion of marriages. It is a very beautiful and joyful dance.
13. It illustrates the joyous celebration of tribes of Chhattisgarh of the region of Bastar which mainly includes Horns of Bison. (State animal of Chhattisgarh).
14. Karma Tribal groups like Gonds, the Baigas and the Oraons in Chhattisgarh have Karma dance as a part of their culture.
15. For More Information: http://sanskritikchhattisgarh.in/