Presentation at the UNWTO / ETC joint e-marketing workshop in Budapest about the ANTO strategy & activities of the Austrian Tourism Industry to current developments at the (social) web.
- 1. Mag. Martin SchobertAustrian National Tourist OfficeETC/UNWTO,Joint Internat. Seminar on E-Marketing for TourismDestinations Budapest, 16-17. June 2008 web 2.0social web the austrian conex
2. 5 thesis of travel 2.0
- customer orientation and the role of communities
- online identity blogging, a dialogue with the customer
- use the long tail be part of the scene
- create a web of data content- and data-aggregation
- (re)combine than reinvent the wheel
- or: new spokespersons of tourism
ANTO online communication strategy focuses on 5 relevent developments at the social web. 3. absolutely customer oriented 4. change in destination travel marketing
- considering the abundance of products , it needs increasing selection
- competent users, better range of choices
- better technologies, easier cost-benefit comparison
supply oriented demand oriented Usability, findability, accessability and - in special - the content itself (and its usability) has to follow customers needs. Advertising textes, marketing-phrases and broad variety of a destinations travel offers are boring and distracting. this means: absolute concentration on the customers needs 5. Read Buy Publish Trade 1994 2003 Talk 2006 77M 1000M 500M Users information comunication networks 1998 2000 400M 3 phases of the web Relate? 2009+ 6.
4th USA February 2008 7. austrian travel community
- question: Is austria large enough for a social web travel community?
- 3 further austrian travel communities
- www.alpengluehen.comwww.oeropia.at www.onebigpark.at
- 2. question: What is thebenefit for the user ?
8. cooperations with existing networks
- Goal: integration of travelling as a third focus additionally to drinking & eating content
9. new ideas in existing networks.
- USA:21.371.920 Kanada:7.857.540 GB:7.362.380 Australien:1.902.120 Trkei:1.247.360
- Austria-Fanpage (45 members)
10. destination brands need online identity 11. 12. 13. Loveable and Linkable 14. 15. destinations identity: the people
- 2 residents blog about hot-spots of carinthia
16. blog-posts of people who live there
- goal: communicate the topics which are relevant for touristsandinhabitants
17. authentic storytelling as destination
- goal: authentic storytelling: to show the specialities people like, who are living there and to promote their recommandations
18. B2B-identity via corporate blogs
- goal to get into a dialogue with austrian corporates
19. use the long tail 20.
- Quelle: http://changethis.com/10.LongTail
21. best of - concept
- too much travel offers on the web
- provide orientation for the user: point out specific best of-products
- pressure for specialisation increases
- all offers are available long tail but display only the best
- new b2c-project throughout austria: download of digital brochures/folders
best of long tail supply 22. ANTO blog: we are the experts ...
- ANTO employees blog about culinary travelling & hot-spots in austria
- currently average usage / month: 7.000 visitors
23. blogger as communicator
- US Wineblog with high authority in technorati
- ANTO New York organized a best of - traveltour through different wine-regions in austria
24. PR at audio & video podcasts
- podcast-website of travel destination and cities
- Elyse Weiner is an Emmy-winner and sells (!) the podcast for US-$ 14,95 per download
- Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Graz, .
25. blogger on a press-trip
- Leslie Woit, travel journalist GB
- summer 2007: farmer in a mountain-cove at Maria Alm / Salzburg. She blogged about her adventure with a cowherd of 18 milking cows
- Stories about the au pair of a cowherd-blog in easier travel & the guardian
26. create a web of data 27. 28. http://www.slideshare.net/adunne/designing-for-a-web-of-data 29. http://www.slideshare.net/adunne/designing-for-a-web-of-data 30. Relaunch B2C-country-portal
- Strategy for the Relaunch (spring 2009):
- open portal acting as a mash-up of existing content, which is relevant for the customer and leads him directly to the problem-solving (mostly at the site of the third party)
- no user-generated-content platform
- but integrate web 2.0 elements (widgets, yahoo answer, tag-cloud, google map like www.bikemap.net, recommendations, )
under construction 31. (re)combine then reinvent the wheel 32. 33. 34. launch of tourism-groups in networks
- goals business networking and a dialogue between tourism organisations
35. new spokespersons of tourism
- usinggroups in existing networks for conversations, f.e. Studi VZ - student network
- Bad Kleinkirchheim february 08 we came, ate, drank perfect!
- Bad Kleinkirchheim St. Oswald - Do splt die Musi (austrian dialect there is the hot-spot)
- hot springs - spa Rmerbad BadKleinkirchheim we need it!
36. talk about us - offside our sites
- Important:monitoring of relevant content in conversations about destinations at the web
37. new producers destination images 38. we trust the new spokespersons No. of entries in wikipedia.de written about Bad Kleinkirchheim 39. Where to go ?
- social web guidelinefor ANTO market offices and their online-activities
- developingsocial software for intranet-useto communicate best practices (intranet-blog, ANTO-wiki, ANTO-bookmarking )
- we communicate andshare our knowledgeto the austrian travel industry (b2b-blog, xing-group, publish presentations on slideshare, ANTO del.icio.us-account )
40. 41. Danke! Thank you! You were a great audiance. Mag. Martin Schobert Austrian National Tourist Office, Head of Research & Development (CIO) [email_address] www.austriatourism.com, blog.austriatourism.com