Text of ï‚ Canâ€™t afford big newspaper advertising campaigns?...
Cant afford big newspaper advertising campaigns? Not ready to invest in television or radio spots? Feeling a bit uncertain about paying fees for public relations and marketing expertise?
One key concept in promoting your business is to think about how you can promote your clients at the same time. Good promotional activities are those that give value, appreciation and recognition to your clients as well as help to increase your business visibility.
Here are some inexpensive but effective ways to keep your business in the public eye. 1. Put your company name and slogan on every email you send. Create a signature line for all email which promotes your business name, phone number, website. 2. Send press releases to the newspaper when you hire someone new or when you add a new service or product line. Let the community know what you are doing to make life easier or better.
3. Carry and hand out business cards. Some large office chain stores now offer free business cards if you dont mind their company logo on the back of the card. Or create your own cards with an inexpensive desktop publishing program for business card creation.
4. If you do buy promotional items, buy something tangible which will be used long after the give away. You want your company name to be remembered. Think pens, water bottles and key rings instead of candy or balloons.
5. Give them something unexpected. When you fill an order, add a sample of one of your products or give a certificate for 15% off the next order. Added value is always remembered and much appreciated.
6. Donate your services or product to a local fundraising event. 7. Host a celebrity. Authors need and love opportunities to promote their books. If you sell cookware, recruit the best local chef.
8. Teach a class. If you sell garden supplies, offer to run a free gardening class. If you sell computer services, offer a free informational night on how to keep information secure online.
Take your advertising outdoors. There are hundreds of local runs and just as many opportunities to host a water station or rest station. Most events will allow you to wear your corporate t-shirts or hang a banner if you provide the volunteer time and energy needed.
Promoting your business is not just good for business but should be good for your customer as well. Keep that concept in mind and youll find plenty of ways to shine the spotlight of success onto your business.
We have looked at other types of businesses and which ways make the most sense for them to promote themselves. Now lets take a look at your businesses. (SEE HANDOUT)
FAST FOOD I want to start-up Rilleys Burger and Fries Competition (on a large scale) McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys Competition (on a small scale) Googs, ?
1. Commercial Kid shows its fun to eat McDonalds and be healthy at the same time. The apple crisps instead of fries were being promoted as a healthy and fun alternative to French fries. 2. Magazine Ad Shows McDonalds trying to go green and help the environment. Some customers might use this as a reason to eat at McDonalds and ignore the health reasons why they should not.
At Rilleys Burger and Fries I would promote myself in a similar way as McDonalds has. List what would be the same and how mine is better List what I would do different and how it gives me an advantage. Maybe use some of the 9 Inexpensive ways that were talked about in class.