(Heb12:28-29)28Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe,29for our "God is a consuming fire."(Pro1:7) The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.
(2Cor7:1)Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.(Ps34:9-10) 9Fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing.10The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.
1:7 10:12 20-21 :
What is fear?
Lk12:5 Heb 10:31
1. Abraham (Gen22:12) "Do not lay a hand on the boy," he said. "Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son."
2. Joseph (Gen39:7-10)7and after a while his master's wife took notice of Joseph and said, "Come to bed with me!"8But he refused. "With me in charge," he told her, "my master does not concern himself with anything in the house; everything he owns he has entrusted to my care.
9No one is greater in this house than I am. My master has withheld nothing from me except you, because you are his wife. How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God?"10And though she spoke to Joseph day after day, he refused to go to bed with her or even be with her.
3. Job(Job1:1) In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job. This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil.
Learn and practice
1. Holiness of life (2Cor7:1)Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.
2.Please God (2Cor5:9-11)9So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.
11Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience.
3. Serve God (Heb12:28) Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe,
1. Will be led (Ps25:12)Who, then, is the man that fears the LORD? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him.(Ps25:14)The LORD confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them.
2. Lacked nothing Fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing. The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing. (Ps34:9-10)
3. Look after rescue (Ps34:7)The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. (Ps33:18-19)But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine.