3. 3. Vocabulary: plan, interest, business, graduate, musician, manage, tour guide Structure How to use infinitive and gerund? How to use infinitive? - often uses when actions are unreal, abstract, or future - follows these verbs need, plan, expect, want, hope example: I plan to get a new job. She wants to supervise people. How to use Gerund? - often uses when actions are real, concrete, or completed - follows these verbsenjoy, dislike, avoid, feel like - follow these phrasesbe afraid of, be good at, be interested in, be tired of, be nervous about example: He enjoys using the Internet. Theyre good at writing reports. 4. 4.1 What do you want to be in future? 4.2 power point 4.3Text 1, 2, 3 4.4 4.5 A B C D 4.6
4. 5. Teacher Student Presentation 1. 2. What do you want to be in the future? - What are they talking about in the Video? - What did you see in the Video? - How many jobs are there in the Video? 3. text 1 Power point 4. Power point 5. text 2 How to use infinitive and gerund? 6. 7. text 3 8. text 3 - What are they talking about? - How many people are there in conversation? - What is B planning to do after graduate? 1. 2. What do you want to be in the future? - Future career. - I saw many people in jobs. - There are 20 jobs. 3. text 1 4. power point 5. text 2 6. - She wants to supervise people. - Hes tired of taking business trips. 7. text 3 8. text 3 -Future career. -There are two people. -Music business.
5. Practice Practice1: Activity 1: Who am I? 1. 2. - - power point - 1 2 3 - power point - 3. 4. Practice2:Activity 2:Quiz game 1. 2. - A B C D - Future Career power point - - - 1 3. 4. 1. 2. Who am I? 3. 1. 2. - A B C D - Future Career 3.
6. Production Production 1:Activity 3: Interview 1. 5-6 2. - Future Career - - pie chart - 10 - 3. 10 4. 5. Production 2 :Activity4: Role Play 1. 2. - Future Career text3 - 10 3. 4. 5. 1. 5-6 2. - Future Career - - pie chart - 10 - 3. 4. 1. 2. 3. 4.
8. Text 1 Vocabulary plan (v.) to decide, organize or prepare for something you want to do in the future Ex: What are you planning to do after you graduate? interested (adj.) wanting to know or hear more about something Ex: Im really interested in travel. graduate (v.) to obtain a degree, especially a first degree, from a college or university Ex: What are you planning to do after you graduate? business (n.) the activity of buying and selling goods and services Ex: Im interested in business.
9. musician (n.) someone who is skilled in playing music, usually as their job Ex: Id like to work with musicians. manage (v.) to direct or control a business or department and the people, equipment and money involved in it Ex: . Im interested in managing them and helping them become famous. tour guide (n.) a person who leads others on a short trip round a place Ex: You could be a tour guide or something like that.
10. Text 2 (Structure) How to use infinitive and gerund Infinitive Infinitive is form of verbs that acts like noun and forms with to. to walk, to talk, to think, to listen, to speak To speak English is necessary for students. How to use Infinitive? - often uses when actions are unreal, abstract, or future - follows these verbsneed, plan, expect, want, hope Ex: He needs to attend meetings. I plan to get a new job. She wants to supervise people.
11. Gerund Gerund is form of verbs that acts like noun and forms with ing. walking, talking, thinking, listening, swimming Ex: Swimming is a good exercise. - often uses when actions are real, concrete, or completed - follows these verbsenjoy, dislike, avoid, feel like Ex: He enjoys using the Internet. - follow these phrases be afraid of, be good at, be interested in, be tired of, be nervous about Ex: Theyre good at writing reports. Ex: Hes tired of taking business trips. - follow prepositions Ex: She got the money by selling the car.
12. Practice 1 (Activity 1) (Alphabet) - Separate in two groups. - Teacher show picture of the vocabulary in powerpoint. - The first student in each group runs to select the first alphabet of that vocabulary and put it down on a frame, then run back to the second student and touch his/her hand and he/she run to select the second alphabet. - Do like this until it become a completed vocabulary. The group put down the correct vocabulary firstly will get one point and the group put down the incorrect vocabulary will lose one point to another group. Practice 1 (Activity 1) (Who am I?) Text 3 A : What are you planning to do after you graduate? What kind of work do you want to do? B : Well, Im interested in business. A : What kind of business? B : The music business. A : Thats interesting. Are you good at working with people? B : I think I am. Id like to work with musicians. Im interested in managing them and helping them become famous. What about you? What are you interested in? A : Im really interested in travel. I also like to read and learn about new places. B : Have you thought about going into the travel business? You could be a tour guide or something like that.
13. director Activity 1 (practice 1) - Get in pair and come to get the vocabulary cards from teacher. - Listen to the sound of vocabulary meaning. - Think about what word it is. - Listen to the signal from teacher, then put the correct word on the board. - Check the answer together, if you answer correctly you will get 1 point. Example: someone who is skilled in playing music, usually as their job a person whose job is to design new buildings architect and make certain that they are built correctly a person who tells actors in a movie or play how to play their parts. Who am I? a person who leads others on a short trip round a place tour guide musician
14. Activity 2 (practice 2) -Work in pair. - Read the questions on power point and answer the questions by choosing label A, B, C or D to show your answer. 1. I like to teach students. I want to be a __________ in the future. a. doctor b. nurse c. police d. teacher 2. After she graduated from Science College, she became a __________. a. actress b. scientist c. singer d. musician 3. John enjoys traveling. He can be a good ____________. a. tour guide b. accountant c. engineer d. football player 4. My reason to be a ____________ is I love animals. a. police b. manager c. veterinarian d. psychologist Quiz game
15. 5. I want to be a ____________ because Im interested in law. a. historian b. lawyer c. librarian d. learning 6. He plays music instruments very well. He can be a famous __________. a. musician b. mechanic c. chef d. carpenter 7. She wrote Harry Potter. She is a___________ . a. director b. dancer c. writer d. designer
16. Activity 4 (production 2) -Get in pair. -Send a representative to get a situation below. -Do the role-play by using the situation that you get. Situations: Role-play 1. Talking to your friend about your plan in the future 2. Asking your friend about job he/she wants to do 3. Talking to your friend about an interesting job 4. Sharing your opinion with your friend about job you want to in the future
17. Activity 3 (production 1) - Make a group of five. - Interview your classmates about their jobs in the future. - Go back to your group and discuss about information that you get from interviewing. - Summarize your information by creating a pie chart. - Present your work in front of class. Example: Interview