HOW CAN WE OVERCOME THE WORKS OF SATAN ?
Sis. Jayaseela. (USA)Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Every Christian has an enemy. Although unseen by the natural eye, this adversary is notimaginary nor a mythological character. Satan, the Devil, is a real person... a spirit being,with intelligence, tangible characteristics, and whose incessant goal and ambition is to steal,kill, and destroy (John 10:10).The works of Satan are sins namely: adultery, fornication,uncleanness, lewdness [unrestrained lust], idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies,outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness,revelries, and the like(Galatians 5:19-21)
He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The work of the devilis to tempt people to sin. When they sin, his work is accomplished. So the Son of God cameto rescue people from the devil and destroy all these works of the devil and to give masteryover them. (1 John 3:8). Jesus himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we mightdie to sin and live to righteousness. By His wounds we have been healed. (1 Peter 2:24)...For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of thedevil (1 John 3:8). Praise God! Satan is already a defeated enemy! His legal authority wasneutralized by the finished work of Christ on the cross.
As a believer, you need not fear Satan, but realize and exercise the authority whichGod has given you over the Devil.
Ways to overcome the works of Satan:1. By resisting Satan
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. [James4:17]
2. By wearing the armour of GodPut on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemesof the devil. [Ephesians 6:11-17]
3. By Praising Jesus [Joshua 6:17,18]Praise is a powerful weapon against the devil that has no negative fallout. Why doespraise defeat Satan? Satans sin was jealousy of God. He is still driven by jealousy today(Is. 14:13-14). Even if he cant get people to worship him, his goal is to keep people fromworshiping God. He seeks to draw attention away from God. When we worship God, wethwart Satans plan. Psalm 8:2 says, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thouordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and theavenger.
4. By Seeking Gods helpThe psalmist seeks help from God, Oh God give us help against the adversary, fordeliverance by man is in vain. [Psalms 60:11, 12]
5. Bind the evil works in the authority of JesusWhatever you bind on earth will be bound [Matthew 16:19]
6. By Prayer [Matthew 15 : 22-28 ; Mark 7 : 22 29]Satan trembles when he sees the weakest saint upon their knees. - William Cowper
7. Being Marked by the blood of Jesus [Ex 12:7,12-13]When we are marked by the blood of Jesus Christ, Satan cant touch us. The blood willbe a sign for you that you belong to the Lord.
In Christ Jayaseela.orgHi H k=uH.............................................................. 12
Printed, Published and owned by K. JOHN WESLEY SASIKANTH,D.No. 45-9-3, Padavalarevu, Gunadala, Vijayawada - 520 004.
Printed at : Andhra Offset, Gandhinagar, Vijayawada.Editor : K. JOHN WESLEY SASIKANTH, M.A., M.Ed., M.Phil., PGDFE
Hi H k=uH.............................................................. 20
"= K_O, l ^~ "^ O K~OKH=_O ^~ =#Oz q_ ^ O ^=K.Physiotherapy Treatment :1. Heat Packs, 2. Ultra Sound Therapy 3. I.F.T., 4.Excercise Therapy