5. A small fence separates densely populatedTijuana, Mexico , right, from the United States in the Border Patrol'sSan DiegoSector .Construction is underway to extend a secondary fence over the top of this hill and eventually to the Pacific Ocean .
14. , 2007
17. This obsession with physical security systems, and, collaterally, with the architectural policing of social boundaries, has become the zeitgeist of urban restructuring, a master narrative in the emerging built environment of the 1990s
18. Loyola Law School, Los angeles, Frank Gehry, 1984
19. Frances Howard Goldwin Regional Branch Library, Hollywood, LA / Frank Gehry, 1984
22. The social perception of threat has becomes a function of the security mobilization itself, not crime rates.
26. Gated Communities
30. Fortified cells Places of Terror
The impact of video systems on Architecture / Silke berit lang