2. Definition An advertising agency is a service based business dedicated to creating, planning, and handling advertising (and sometimes other forms of promotion) for its clients An agency can also handle overall marketing and brand strategies and sales promotions for its clients.
3. About.. Lucrative business Market size 13,200 Crores Perfect competition Asset CREATIVITY High risk business
4. Why ad agency? Expertise Saving Time Saving Money Brand Development Out of box thinking
5. Purnima Ad agency
6. What do they do? complete a market analysis develop an advertising plan prepare a creative strategy create advertising executions develop and implement a media plan handle billing and payments integrate other marketing communications
7. Types Full service agencies Creative agencies Specialized agencies In-house advertising agencies
8. In-house advertising agencies FABRICA
9. Functions of full service agency Account management Creative Media planning and placement Research
10. Account management Liaison between agency and client Responsible for understanding... The clients business The clients marketing needs Strategy development Representing client point of view within the agency Traffic Asst. Account Executive Account Coordinator Account Executive Account Supervisor Management. Supervisor Account Mgmt. Director
11. Research department Interpret market environment gather and analyze research data. Primary and secondary techniques determine consumer needs/perceptions Understand problems advise how ads can meet strategic goals Help find solutions Research Suppliers Outside Research Assistants Project Managers Research Director
12. Creative department The creative department is responsible for creating and producing the print and broadcast advertising Good creative work is always guided by a creative strategy that sets forth goals to be accomplished and key message points to be relayed Print Traffic Production Broadcast Production Copy Spvr. & Copywriters Art Supervisor & Art Directors Creative Group: Associate Creative Director (ACD) Creative Director (CD) Executive Creative Director (ECD) Strategy Review Board
13. Media department The media department has two main functions - planning and buying. The planning group handles more strategic marketing and media issues. The buying group handles media negotiations and implementation. Analysts Media Planner Media Buyer Media Supervisor Associate Media Director Media Director
14. Sale Pitch Prospecting Evaluation Proposal Presentation Closing the Sale
15. Story board
16. TOP 5 1 Ogilvy & Mather 2 180 Amsterdam 3 JWT 4 Leo Burnett 5 Wieden + Kennedy
17. Top 5 in India 1.Ogilvy and Mather : Vodafone, Cadbury, Asian Paints and Fevicol. 2. Mudra Communications: Tourism Australia, Colgate and PolicyBazaar.com. 3. JWT: Listerine, Good night, and Teach for India. 4. McCann Erickson India: MasterCard, Coca Cola, and Greenlam Laminates. 5. Lowe Lintas :Idea, ICICI Prudential and Tata Tea.