1. Welcometo Blogging Basics With Evy Hanson of Leap Online Marketing
2. Why we blog for business How to setup a blog Developing a blogging calendar Crucial elements of a blog post Tips for a successful blog Questions and Answers
3. Why Blog?
4. Why Blog?
5. Search engine rankings Increase leads - B2B marketers that use blogs receive 67% more leads than those that do not Increase business (businesses who blog see 80% more traffic than those who dont) Share our knowledge and expertise provide value Grow email list Why Blog?
6. Get more links to your site Use it as a base for micro content Get a column with a newspaper or industry magazine Gain a competitive advantage positioning yourself as the expert in your field!
7. How to setup a blog Useaweb developerto addtocurrentsite Setupafreesiteon wordpress.com Setupawordpresswebsite with ablog
8. Have a web developer add it to your site How to setup a blog
9. Setup a free wordpress blog wordpress.com How to setup a blog
10. Setup a wordpress website with a blog How to setup a blog
11. What to consider when starting a blog What are your goals? Who are you speaking to? How will you get readers? What are you going to write about?
12. Waking up on Monday and deciding what to write is not a strategy! How to develop a blogging calendar
13. 1. Find your core themes (your services) 2. Build sub-themes 3. Research sub-themes and determine main keyword Topic Development
14. EXAMPLE: Core theme development for Interior Designer Home Decorating Home Remodeling Commercial Interior Design Design for Developers
15. Home Decorating: Window treatments, art, paint selection, different styles, trends Home Remodeling: Kitchen remodel, bathroom remodel, new flooring, custom pieces, cool lofts, vacation homes Commercial Interior Design: Office design, restaurant design, retail space design, trends Design for Developers: Staging model homes, design to Sell, space plans, virtual tours
16. Topic Development Expand on your topics Google Keyword planner BuzzSumo Yahoo Answers Google Suggest
17. Topic Development Google Keyword planner BuzzSumo Yahoo Answers Google Suggest
18. Topic Development Google alerts https://www.google.com/alerts
19. Topic Development Follow other bloggers in your industry Curate content
20. You have your topic, now what? Im a _____________, not a writer, help!
21. Types of Blog Posts How-To Post List-Based Post Curated Post Photo Based Post
22. The How-To & List-Based Post The Headline 5 Kitchen Remodel Tips 5 Budget-Friendly Kitchen Remodel Tips Get started on your Kitchen Remodel with these easy tips How to remodel your kitchen without breaking the bank The Introduction Write a compelling opening that sympathizes with the reader and identifies the problem.
23. The How-To & List-Based Post Write the body Follow up on what you promised in the introduction Brainstorm different solutions then organize these into body content
24. The How-To & List-Based Post The Conclusion Summarize problem and solutions Ask for feedback or encourage contact for further advice
25. The Curated Blog Post Develop Headline Write an introduction with your take on the topic Include 3 5 article links, with brief introduction Follow up with conclusion
26. The Photo Based Post Develop Headline Write an introduction on the topic Select photos, comment and write about each Follow up with conclusion
27. Blog Calendar Tools
28. Google / Outlook Calendar BloggingCalendar Tools
29. Handwritten Calendar BloggingCalendar Tools
30. Wordpress Plugins like Editorial Calendar Blogging Calendar Tools
31. Crucial Elementsof a Blog Post (& how to get readers!)
32. Crucial Elementsof a Blog Post Minimum 500 words Proofread! Determine what your main keyword is Use it in the page title/URL Once in the header Use it as much as 4 6 times in the content Add meta descriptions if you can Install Yoast SEO plugin if you have a wordpress site Link to older posts and to service pages Social Share buttons
33. Develop a calendar to stay on track Be unique and timely Provide value offer free advice Tips for a Successful Blog (& getting more readers)
34. Promote your content through Social Media Email Marketing Tips for a Successful Blog
35. Engage on industry websites & blogs leave comments Tips for a Successful Blog
36. Summary 1. Setup Blog 2. Develop topics, sub topics, research further 3. Develop Calendar 4. Brainstorm the meat of your post 5. Write regularly 6. Make sure your post has all crucial elements 7. Promote! 8. Do it all over again