InfoSeCon 2013 recap, our largest event yet. Upcoming events including our December 5th meeting featuring beer and brats and a possible end-of-year social. Internet Summit Nov 14, discounts available, BOARD ELECTIONS coming in december- oveview of positions and contact info to nominate. Tonight's presentation “Growing Trend of Finding Regulatory and Tort Liability for Cyber Security Breaches” with Mark W. Ishman, J.D., Masters in Law in Information Technology and Privacy Law - an invited speaker.
Text of 2013-11 Raleigh ISSA Chapter Updates November 2013
1. November 2013 http://raleigh.issa.org LinkedIn Facebook @RaleighISSA
2. Welcome New Members & Guests Hello from the board and your Member Development Director- Andre Henry Guests New Members Autumn Brent Brian Claudia David Henry Nan Neil Terry William Nicholette Dixon Amy Schwerthofer Domonic Everett Russell Goodman Roger Hughs Peter Nelson Patrick Olesco Angelo White Keith Scarbeau Arnez Taylor Carl Henry Guests are always welcome! $10 for dinner and the show http://raleighissaguest.eventbrite.com
3. Chapter Updates 2013 Board President: Rob Martin VP: Mark Whitteker Secretary: Valdez Ladd Treasurer: Mark Fontes Conference: Ramsey Hajj Education: David Vaughn Communications: Jennifer Minella & Past Presidents and Support Teams
4. Chapter Sponsors
5. Finances Update Chapter Treasurer: Mark Fontes
6. Finances Update Chapter Treasurer: Mark Fontes firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Finances Update Chapter Treasurer: Mark Fontes email@example.com
8. Finances Update Chapter Treasurer: Mark Fontes firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Minutes Update Chapter Secretary: Valdez Ladd email@example.com At the October meeting Attendees: 94 Sponsored by: Global Knowledge Presentation: Using Cisco ISE for Basic Access Control with Douglas Notini Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct 74 94 76 78 77 87 94 150 52 117
10. InfoSeCon Update Was held October 17th, 2013 at McKimmon Largest attendance yet 505 attendees $58,400 income from the event Net profit of around $10k Feedback has been evaluated Links to slides & photos are coming soon
11. InfoSeCon Update
12. Education Updates Chapter Education Director: David Vaughn firstname.lastname@example.org Back to Basics mini-series started August, and are planned through the rest of 2013. Please contact David to request training events and topics. Metasploit class is in the works.
13. Jobs Updates Career Support Director: Tom Purdy Career Services Director: Laura Keyte Need or have jobs? Contact: Tom Purdy (email@example.com) Career Support Director Laura Keyte (firstname.lastname@example.org), Career Services Director & Technical Recruiter Chapter Jobs Networking meeting: McKimmon Center Lobby Every month, 6:00-6:40 before main chapter meeting Recruiters Taylor Ward (TWard@ettaingroup.com) ettain group Job opportunities: Emailed to Jobs Networking members Interested? contact Tom Purdy http://raleigh.issa.org/jobs Events Opportunities (members, recruiters, LinkedIn, forums ) Job-Related Websites & Articles Link on website footer
14. Upcoming Events November 7: Raleigh ISSA Chapter Meeting November 14: Internet Summit 2013, Raleigh, NC ($50 discount) December 5: Raleigh ISSA Chapter Meeting December ?: End of Year Social (at a restaurant/bar) December: Chapter Board Elections
15. Announcements! December Meeting - Beern Brats! At the December meeting, were going to have beer and brats. Well send detailed instructions at registration to accommodate all dietary restrictions!
16. Announcements! Elections Update Elections for 2014 will be held in December using the same online system as last year. Descriptions of positions will be available next week. Most positions demand 2-6 hours/week. If you wish to run for a position, please email email@example.com with your bio. The Communications Director position will be open! It may be filled by 2 people for comm/web management.
17. Chapter Updates Board Positions 1. President 2. Vice President 3. Secretary 4. Treasurer 5. Conference Director 6. Education Director 7. Communications Director
18. Announcements! Members FREE RSVP at www.issa.org Guests $10 dinner & meeting RSVP at Eventbrite Prepay online or select pay at the door http://raleighissaguest.eventbrite.com/
19. Next Meeting Thursday, December 5th @ McKimmon Center
20. Sponsored by Raleigh ISSA Invited Speaker Tonights Presentation Growing Trend of Finding Regulatory and Tort Liability for Cyber Security Breaches with Mark W. Ishman, J.D., Masters in Law in Information Technology and Privacy Law