1. I bow to lord Shiva, Goddess Parvatiji, and Lord Ganesha, and to Guru and Supreme Soul who grant liberation from this transient universe.
The Goddess Spoke
O God of Gods Mahadeva !
2. Please bestow upon me that knowledge through which one can attain all siddhis (accomplishments and fortunes).
3. O God of all Gods, how did this universe originate? Why does it change? And how does it merge into its source? How does it get destroyed? Please explain to me the real nature and the essence of this world.
Lord Shiva Spoke
4. O Goddess! These worlds have emerged from the tattwas (the basic five elements) and in the tattwas occur its alteration, preservation, and destruction. Accordingly, the nature of this universe is decided on the basis of tattwas only.
The Goddess Spoke
5. O Maheshji, the sages and the prophets, who know the real essence of the tattwas have decided that it is the tattwas which are the root essence of this world. Hence, please describe those tattwas and kindly cast an illuminating light on the nature of tattwas.
Lord Shiva Spoke
6. From that one unchanging, eternal, and formless paramatma (supreme self) originate the sky; and from sky originated the Air.
7. From Air originated Fire; and from fire originated the water. In this way these five elements diversely emanate the whole world.
8. The cosmos was created through the above mentioned tattwas, from those elements only is this world preserved. And finally, this world dissolves into those very five elements only.
9. O Beauty! This body (Shivas human?) is created from the above mentioned five-tattwas. They subtly emanate in this body. Only the omniscient yogis comprehend those subtle tattwas (in the body).
10. Now I / we mention all the main sounds established in human body, those sound which are the cause for all sounds like a By mediating on the Sah sound while inhalation and on aham sound while exhalation (thereby forming the mantra so-ham) one becomes omniscient and acquires the knowledge of the part, present and the future.
11. This science is most secretive of all secret knowledges. It is the best as it reveals the most essential and beneficial knowledge to us.
12. Though the Swarodaya Knowledge in the subtlest of all subtle knowledge, yet the knowledge of this science is easy to acquire and is truth-revealing. It is a source of amazement to the atheists. It helps, aids, and assists the theists.
13. The knowledge of the science of swaras is to be imparted only to the disciple who is of peaceful disposition, pure of thoughts and conduct, disciplined, having boundless devotion to the guru, possessing the firm determination and gratefulness towards benefactors.
14. It should not be given to anyone who is wicked, lacking virility, short tempered, vicious, atheist, lacking character, and the one who commits adultery with his Gurus wife.
15. O Goddess! Now listen to this great knowledge / science as I mention it to you. By realizing this knowledge one acquires knowledge of all sciences and becomes omniscient.
16. Within the swaras is the complete knowledge of the Vedas & all other scriptures. Swaras contain the three worlds. Swaras are the essence of atman itself.
17. The knowledge of astrology without the knowledge of swaras is just like a house without an owner, a mouth lacking scriptures, and body without head. Hence, the knowledge of swaras is indispensable for an astrologer.
18. That one who can differentiate between the nadis, pranas, tattwas, and between pingala, Ida, Sushumna, and other nadis, attains liberation.
19. O beauty! Some people consider it auspicious to attain the knowledge of swaras through the strength of auspicious vayu.
20. The whole universe, its macro and microcosm, have been created by Swara. Swara is the cause of creation and its destruction. Swara is lord shiva himself.
21. Nothing in the universe seen, heard, or otherwise experienced is better more confidential, or subtle than the knowledge of swaras.
22. The enemies can be overpowered via the power of Swaras. Similarly, one can attain Lakshmi (prosperity), favour of friends, fame, and all other kinds of pleasures via swaras.
23. Through the power of Swaras one can get his consort, and can have a meeting with the rulers. So, the Gods, can be realized (and their perfection attained). The most powerful entities can be controlled via Swaras.
24. One must undertake journeys to other countries or cities, have food, urinate, and excrete only after keeping in mind the positive or negative flow of breath or aspects of Swaras.
25. O lady with pleasant visage! all the scriptures, philosophies, eighteen puranas, smritis (revealed knowledge epiphanies) and Vedas are but a branch of the knowledge of Swaras. Nothing in universe is better than the Swaras.
26. Until they dont possess the knowledge of the tattwas, the people will remain under the illusion of names and forms like ignorant fools.
27. The Swarodaya Shastra is the best of all scriptures. It is a great light which enlightens the human spirit.
28. This knowledge must not be given simply to answer to anyones queries. It must be kept safe in ones mind / psyche, voice and intellect to use it for the evolution of the atman.
29. Having the knowledge of Swaras it is not necessary to consult and have the knowledge of date, time, day, stars, planets, gods, conjunction or assortment of stars & planets for the evolution of the atman.
30. Having the favourable flow of swaras bestows all the favourable results. Neither in the past nor in the future will there be any inauspicious time to effect the favourable results bestowed by the swaras.
31. O Goddess! All the auspicious results can be had if one has the power of positive flow of swaras. As per the swara shastra neither in the past, nor in the future will there be any time which is inauspicious for applying the principles of Swara Shastra.
32. There are myriads of nadis throughout the body. The wise must comprehend them for the true understanding of their body.
33. There are seventy two thousand nadis which extend throughout the navel to the shoulders. These are spread around the spine like sprouts.
34. The kundalini Shakti which resides in these nadis in the shape of a serpent has ten nadis above and ten nadis below her.
35. Out of total twenty four nadis (two groups of nadis going on each side in oblique / slanting direction) out of them ten are specially important as they contain the flow of ten vayus.
36. From the nadis mentioned earlier ten are primary and out of them Ida, Pingala, and Sushumana are the foremost.
37. The remaining seven primary nadis include Gandhari, Hastijivha, Poosha, Yashashwini, Alambusha, Kuhu and Shankhini.
38. Up, down, and oblique nadis are the very basis of vayu and body. They are spread like a wheel in the body and are themselves based on the vital force (prana).
Position / Placement of the nadis
39. Ida is positioned on the left side of the body, Pingala on the right, Sushumna in the centre, while Gandhari is in the left eye.
40. Hastijivha nadi is in the right eye, Poosha in the right ear, Yashashwini in the left ear, and Alambusha resides in the mouth.
41. Kuhu is in the linga (reproductive organs) Shankhini is in the anus area / part. Thus, the ten foremost nadis of the body reside in ten openings of the body.
42. The Ida, Pingala, and Sushumna are located in the pranic passage of the body. The above mentioned ten nadis reside in the subtle human body (and not in the gross body).
43. The ten primary nadis have been mentioned. Now listen to the names of the corresponding vayus. They are known as prana, Apana, Samana , Udana and Vyana. These are five main vayus.
44. Naga, Kurma, Krikal, Devdatta, and Dhannanjaya are the five subsidiary pranas. The all pervading Chi / Ki / Prana resides in the heart. The Apana vayu resides in the anus / excretory organs.
45. Samana is in the navel region. Udana resides in the centre of throat. The Vyana vayu pervades the whole human body. Thus mentioned ten vayus are prominent.
46. The location of prana, Apana, Samana, Udana , and vyana has been told. Now I tell you the location / position of the remaining five vayus.
47. Kurma facilitates blinking, opening & closing of eye-lids ; krikala facilitates sneezing ; Naga vayu is for belching ( & vomiting), Devdatta is for yawning.
48. The Dhannanjaya is spread throughout the human body and does not leave it even after its death. In this manner the ten above mentioned vayus move through all the nadis of a living being.
49. The wise must know the movement of Prana vayu in human body via the help of Ida, Pingala, and Sushumana.
50. Ida is known to be situated in the left side of spinal cord, Pingala is on the right. They criss-cross each other at various points as they have a serpentine structure.
They criss-cross each other while appearing to be moving in a serpentine motion.
51. The moon element of the body resides in the Ida. The sun element is in Pingala. Lord Shiva himself resides the So-ham / Sushumna nadi in the form of Ham-Sa (the mantra formed of the combined sound of inhalation and exhalation- therefore the Sushumna is verily known as the form of Lord Shiva himself.)
52. The sound of Sa while inhalation and Ha while exhalation is produced. The ha sound has been described as the form of Shiva, while Sa is Shakti herself.
53. The controller / co-ordinator of Ida / left n