1 Cairo Governorate Department : English Nozha Directorate of Education Form :6 th Primary Nozha Language Schools Revision Sheet “Ismailia Road” Branch Second Term Unit 8 * New Words : pollution making air , water , earth harmful to people , animals and plants . waste a wrong use of money , substances , time , energy and abilities . a survey an examination of opinions , behaviours made by asking people questions a questionnaire a written list of questions given to a number of people for collecting data . energy the power taken from something such as electricity or heat or the capacity of doing work . wild life animals and plants that grow independently of people refillable (adj.) can be filled again . reuseable (adj.) can be used again . materials (n) a physical substance with things that can be made from . shrubs a plant with many small branches . a passenger someone who is travelling in a vehicle but is not driving it . dripping taps the falling water of taps . - care about be interested in sth . - find out discover . - cut down decrease – make it less . - cut down on make the best use of something . * New structure Shall past should Should = ought to Can past could Necessity “ present”[ has to / have to / must / need to ] “ Past” [ had to ] Absence of Necessity doesn’t have to / don’t have to / don’t need to - doesn’t need to needn’t + inf.

Macmillan 6 booklet t2

• Upload
    -

• View

• Download

Embed Size (px)

DESCRIPTION

بوكلت

Citation preview

Page 1: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Cairo Governorate              Department : English Nozha Directorate of Education           Form             : 6th  Primary      Nozha Language Schools                          Revision Sheet     “Ismailia Road” Branch                          Second Term 

Unit 8

* New Words : pollution making air , water , earth harmful to people , animals and plants . waste a wrong use of money , substances , time , energy and abilities . a survey an examination of opinions , behaviours made by asking people questions a questionnaire a written list of questions given to a number of people for collecting data . energy the power taken from something such as electricity or heat or the capacity

of doing work . wild life animals and plants that grow independently of people refillable (adj.) can be filled again . reuseable (adj.) can be used again . materials (n) a physical substance with things that can be made from . shrubs a plant with many small branches . a passenger someone who is travelling in a vehicle but is not driving it . dripping taps the falling water of taps . - care about be interested in sth . - find out discover . - cut down decrease – make it less . - cut down on make the best use of something . * New structure Shall past should Should = ought to Can past could Necessity “ present”[ has to / have to / must / need to ]

“ Past” [ had to ] Absence of Necessity doesn’t have to / don’t have to /

don’t need to - doesn’t need to needn’t + inf.

Page 2: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Choose the correct answer : 1. Cigarettes , cars , and buses cause [ portion – pollution – devotion ] to the

environment 2. Using [ refillable – throwaway – re-usable ] pens is not green . 3. Some children want to do a [ homework – survey – selection ] about keeping

their school green , others think a questionnaire is a better idea . 4. We should put waste in the [ rubbish bin – bed room – cage ] . 5. I should turn [ on – off – up ] the lights before I go out . 6. If you want to keep your school green , you should use [ throwaway – re-usable – plastic ] bags . 7. Cars , buses and trains are means of [ transplant – transport – sport ] . 8. We should cut [ on – down – to ] waste . 9. Radios need [ mobile – batteries – TVS ] to work . 10. [ Dripping – Dragging – Digging ] taps waste a lot of water , so we should fix them . 11. Christopher wants to save the forest in order to save [ the school – the city – the wild life ] . 12. Refillable pens are [ throwaway – re-usable – glass ] pens . 13. [ Bicycles – Cars – Metros ] cause pollution . 14. Pollution is bad for the [ wild life – cars – buses ] . 15. Put the waste in the [ litter – letter – leather ] bin . 16. The [ waste – wasp – wash ] from the factory was taken away in lorries . 17. This [ graph – grape –grave ] shows the population growth over 50 years . 18. Using [ chemicals – chemists – chemistry ] pollutes the environment . 19. There are lots of grass , trees and [ shrubs – shrimps – shrink ] in the wild life . 20. You can ride your bike here , but [ watch out – take out – put out ] the cars ! 21. She should [ go – goes – going ] to school on time . 22. I [ will help – helped – helping ] you next week . 23. You [ should – mustn't – ought to ] play with knives . 24. How [ shall we – we shall – did we ] travel to Alex. tomorrow ? 25. I [ ought to – shouldn't – couldn't ] help my parents . 26. We [can – will – could ] come back early yesterday . 27. She must [ help – helps – helped ] her mother . 28. They [ leaves – leaving – will leave ] tomorrow morning . 29. We [ can – could – will ] fix the TV yesterday . 30. You [ ought not to – ought to – shouldn't ] be quiet in class . 31. [ Do – Will – Must ] you help me , please ? 32. She [ can – is – was ] ride a bike . 33. I [ am – can – must ] go now , I'm late . 34. He [ couldn't - wasn't – mustn't ] swim , when he was young . 35. [ Could – Must – Had ] you tell me the way to the bank .

Page 3: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

* Give one word for : 1. Something done to examine people's opinions through asking questions . ……………………… 2. The power from something such as heat or electricity . ……………………… 3. A wrong use of money , substances , time , energy and abilities .……………………… 4. Animals and plants that grow independently of people . ……………………… 5. A written list of questions given to a number of people for collecting information ……………………… 6. Can be filled again . ……………………… 7. Making [ air , water , earth ] harmful to people , animals and plants .………………… 8. A plant with many small branches . …………………… 9. A person who is travelling in vehicle but is not driving it . ……………………. 10. The falling water of taps . ………………..….. * Complete the following sentences : 1. The school throws away a lot of ……………… 2. It is important to save water and watch out for ……………… 3. ………….. pens are not good for a green school . 4. We use ……………….. to calculate numbers . 5. We should put waste in …………………… * Re-write the following sentences using the words in brackets : 1. I will go to the zoo on foot . [ How ]

……………………………………………………………………………….. 2. She will help me . [ not ]

……………………………………………………………………………….. 3. I help my mother . [ just ]

……………………………………………………………………………….. 4. I've just finished . [ not ]

……………………………………………………………………………….. 5. Dina visits her uncle once a week . [ How ]

……………………………………………………………………………….. 6. It is necessary to do my homework . [ must ]

………………………………………………………………………………..

Page 4: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

7. Mona has to be at home by night . [ need ] ………………………………………………………………………………..

8. Ahmed has to eat healthy food . [ mustn’t ] ………………………………………………………………………………..

9. Yes ; we ought to go now . [ Ought ] ………………………………………………………………………………..

10. It isn’t necessary to play computer now . [ oughtn’t to ] ………………………………………………………………………………..

11. You can’t stay here . [ must ] ………………………………………………………………………………..

12. I need to do the washing up . [ needn’t ] ………………………………………………………………………………..

13. You should drive slowly . [ needn’t ] ………………………………………………………………………………..

14. We have to take the bus . [ not ] ………………………………………………………………………………..

15. We need to go to the supermarket today . [ not ] ………………………………………………………………………………..

Page 5: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Unit 9

* New Words : mathematician a person who studies and teaches numbers . tailor someone whose job is to adjust, repair and make clothes . inventor a person who designs or creates something which has never been

made before . rooster male chicken . gravity the force which attracts any object to wards the ground . rotors a part of a machine that spines . The spinning blades of a helicopter . an oil rig large structure with equipment for removing oil from under the

ground , esp. under the sea . astronauts a person who has been trained for travelling in a space craft - bend move the upper part of your body down . - smash break to small pieces * Structure ( Relative Pronouns ) ( who / which / that ) - James Watt was a scientist who invented a steam engine . - Ibn El Haytam invented a camera which used light . - A helicopter is a machine that flies .

* Choose the correct answer : 1. [ An invitation – An inventor – An explorer ] is someone who invents new things 2. Newton was an [ explorer – mathematician – teacher ] . 3. A [ baker – scientist – tailor ] uses a sewing machine . 4. A [ foster – rooster – toaster ] a male chicken . 5. A helicopter has [ rotors – wings – swings ] . 6. Newton discovered [ America – gravity – ability ] . 7. Watt invented a method of copying letters using a special [ pink – ink – milk ] . 8. TVS , radios and cameras are [ inventions – toys – discoveries ] . 9. A [ pilot – tailor – mathematician ] is someone who is very good at calculating numbers . 10. The thieves [ broke – booked – barked ] into the house during the night and took the hi.fi . 11. She dropped the plate and it [ smashed – smuggled – smelt ] completely. 12. This is the thief [ who – which – whose ] stole my bag .

13. Dina has a rooster [ who – which – whose ] is dark brown .

Page 6: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

14. The car hit the boy [ which – who – whose ] was going to school .

15. Ahmed is the boy [ who – which – whom ] runs the fastest .

16. Huda is the girl [ who – which – whom ] smiles a lot .

17. That is the dog [who – which – whose ] bit my sister .

18. My uncle has a cat [ who – which – whom ] is very calm .

19. Snow White ate the apple [ who – which – whom ] was poisonous .

20. Alia is the girl [ which – who – whom ] broke the window .

21. That is the house [ who – whose – that ] Jack built .

22. The farmer [ who – whose – which ] cow got lost in the market was sad .

23. [ Who – Whose – Which ] one of these boys is your friend ?

24. I lost my new camera [ which – who – whose ] was expensive .

25. The picture [ that he drew it – which he drew it – which he drew ] was very nice .

26. The new apartment [ in which we live – which we live – which we live in it ] is very big .

* Give one word 1. The spinning blades of a helicopter . ……………………….. 2. A person who designs or creates something which has never been made before . ……………………….. 3. The force which attracts any object towards the ground . ……………………….. 4. Someone whose job to adjust , repair and make clothes . ……………………….. 5. A person who studies and teaches numbers . ……………………….. 6. Male chicken . ……………………….. 7. A space man . ………………………. 8. Something that is used for removing oil from underground , esp. under the sea .

……………………….. * Complete the following sentences : 1. Isaac Newton discovered …………………………………………. 2. …………………. is a male chicken . 3. A helicopter has ………………….. instead of wings .

Page 7: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

* Re-write the following sentences using the words in brackets : 1. My uncle has a dog . It is very dangerous . [ which ] …………………………………………………………………… 2. Isaac Newton was a mathematician . He discovered gravity . [ who ] …………………………………………………………………… 3. The ox chased the boys . They were playing in the field . [ who] …………………………………………………………………… 4. Mona always eats fish and chips . [ not ] …………………………………………………………………… 5. They were playing football when it rained . [ football ] …………………………………………………………………… 6. The children will go to club next week . [ where ] …………………………………………………………………… 7. A widow is a woman . Her husband is dead . [ whose ] …………………………………………………………………… 8. The police caught the boy . He stole the lady's purse . [ who ] …………………………………………………………………… 9. This is the house . My uncle built it . [ which ] …………………………………………………………………… 10. Alexandria is a nice city . You can enjoy your time there . [ where ] …………………………………………………………………… 11. I fed the cat . Its kittens are black . [ whose ] …………………………………………………………………… 12. They went to the park . It was crowded . [ which ] …………………………………………………………………… 13. She bought a car . [ use : just ] ……………………………………………………………………

Page 8: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Unit 10 New Voc. : cycling : a sport of riding bikes . skipping : jumping massage : the action of rubbing someone's body with your hands to make

muscles relax . weight (n) : heaviness of a stated amount . weigh (v) : to measure the heaviness of an object . over weight (adj) : too heavy or fat . anxious : worried tense : stressed diet : a plan to eat only certain kinds of food for personal or medical reasons . go on diet come up with : to think of a certain idea . cut down on : to make the best use of sth . cut down : to decreased to make less plenty : enough or more than enough . steamed : cooked with steam . fried : cooked with oil . boiled : cooked with water . grilled : cooked by fire . pant : to breathe quickly. relieve : (v) to put someone at ease . tired : exhausted New Structure ( First & Second Conditional )

* First conditional :

If + present simple will + inf .

Ex.

- If you boil your food you will lose a lot of vitamins .

- She will harm her teeth , if she eats too much sugar .

* Second Conditional :

If + past simple would + inf .

Page 9: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Ex.

- If you exercised before bedtime , you would sleep better .

- She would lose weight , if she had a good diet . I- Choose the correct answer : 1. Meat and fish belong to [ energy food – body building food – fresh fruits ] . 2. Fresh fruits and vegetables contain lots of [ proteins – vitamins – hormones ] . 3. Rice and chocolate bars are [ energy foods – body building food – vegetables ]. 4. Dalia is worried [ about – at – over ] her exam results . 5. A [ message – massage – mirage ] is a good way to feel relaxed . 6. Tea , coffee and cola keep you [ sleepy – awake – asleep ] at night . 7. [ Milk – Fruit – Rice ] is a body –building food . 8. If you exercise hard , you will need more [ water – fish – milk ] . 9. Mum is [ cross – crossing – across ] with Adam because he doesn't study well . 10. The doctor told me to get more [ vitamin – vital – visual ] A and C . 11. Coco is a [ fizzy – lazy – noisy ] drink . 12. Smoking can damage your [ health – healthy – heart ] . 13. It's important to [ exercise – exhaust – exist ] regularly . 14. The doctor told her that she was [ over weight – overtake – overall ] and she should do more

exercise . 15. You'll be overweight if you eat [ fried – died – lied ] food . 16. A healthy [ diet – dial – digit ] is a plan to eat only certain kinds of food . 17. He took a deep [ breath – breathe – breast ] and dived into water . 18. People like to [ breathe – breath – breast ] the fresh sea air . 19. She has been trying to lose [ wait – weight – wheat ] for months . 20. If you boil your food , you [ lose – would lose – will lose ] a lot of vitamins .

21. If she had enough money , she [ buy – would buy – will buy ] a camera .

22. We [ will travel – travelled – would travel ] to Luxor if we had enough time .

23. If Tamer [ joins – joined – join ] the team , we will win the match .

24. If you don't sleep well , you [ would have – will have – wouldn't have ] a

headache .

25. If you sleep early , you [ would be – will be – are ] able to wake up early .

Page 10: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

26. If you [ don't smoke – didn't smoke - doesn't smoke ] , you would feel better .

27. She wouldn't travel to America if her husband [ staying – stayed – stay ] in Egypt .

28. Your nails [ wouldn't look – won't look – aren't looking ] so terrible if you didn't bite them .

29. If he [ studies – will study – studied ] hard , he will succeed .

30. If I [ knew – would know – will know ] the answer , I would tell you .

31. He [ gets – will get – got ] very tired , if he works all day .

32. If we did our homework , we [ gave – would give – will give ] it to the teacher .

33. He will buy another one , if he [ lost – will lose – loses ] his mobile phone .

34. If I [ am – were – would be ] rich , I would buy a new flat .

II- Give one word : 1. A plan to eat only certain kinds of food for personal or medical reasons . ………………………. 2. Too heavy or fat . ………………………. 3. The action of rubbing someone's body with your hands to make muscles relax .

………………………. 4. To measure the heaviness of an object . ………………………. 5. To breathe quickly. ………………………. 6. A sport of riding bikes . ………………………. 7. A word which means worried . ………………………. 8. A word which means tired . ……………………….

III- Complete the following sentences : 1. You will lose …………………. . if you boil food . 2. If you gently …………………….. your brother's muscles , he won't be worried . Rewrite the following sentences using the words in brackets : 1. The food is salty , so I can’t eat it . [ If ]

……………………………………………………………………………….. 2. She doesn’t study hard . She fails her exams . [ If ]

……………………………………………………………………………….. 3. If the story is boring, I won’t read it . [ Unless ]

……………………………………………………………………………….. 4. If you played with matches , you would burn yourself . [ Unless ]

………………………………………………………………………………..

Page 11: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

5. She doesn’t practise well ,so she doesn’t win the race . [ If ] ………………………………………………………………………………..

6. He will visit his uncle if he has time . [ Unless ] ………………………………………………………………………………..

7. She will buy this car if she has enough money . [ Unless ] ………………………………………………………………………………..

8. I would do my homework if I understood it . [ Unless ] ………………………………………………………………………………..

9. She gets up late .She doesn’t catch the bus . [ If ] ………………………………………………………………………………..

10. I will take my umbrella if it rains . [ Unless ] ………………………………………………………………………………..

11. She doesn’t sleep early , so she gets up late . [ If ] ………………………………………………………………………………..

12. How heavy does this box weigh ? [ weight ] ………………………………………………………………………………..

13. What’s the height of this tower ? [ How ] ………………………………………………………………………………..

Page 12: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Revision A ( Units 8 - 9 - 10 ) Choose :-

1- A recent [ survey – pollution – energy ] found that 58 % of people didn’t know where their heart is .

2- Did you find [ in – out – on ] what’s going on outside ? 3- Chemicals [ pollutes – pollute – pollution ] the environment . 4- [ Let’s – Shall we – How about ] playing basketball ? 5- We [ have – should – could ] to wear a uniform . 6- They [ don’t need – needn’t – mustn’t ] to wait for a long time . 7- Do you know who the [ inventor – discover – explorer ] of the telephone is ? 8- Armstrung was the first [ engineer – astronaut – inventor ] who walked on the moon . 9- Without [ oil – air – gravity ] , people would fly . 10- That is the car [ who – which – what ] my father bought last month . 11- A pilot is the person [ which – that – when ] flies planes . 12- That is the house [ where – which – who ] my grandfather lives . 13- This is the garden [ where – which – who ] I play everyday . 14- A [ scientist – cyclist – geologist ] is the person who rides bikes . 15- What is the [ weigh – weighs – weight ] of this bag ? 16- I want to lose weight so I’ll [ went – go – gone ] on a diet . 17- If I were you , I [ would – should – could ] see a doctor . 18- [ If – Unless – Without ] he studied hard , he wouldn’t pass the test . 19- You will understand the lesson if you [ listen – listens – listened ] carefully . 20- He [ will – would – wouldn’t ] come to the party unless I invited him . 21- [ Astronaut – Asteroid – Atmosphere ] is one of many rocky objects which circle the sun . 22- If I [ had – had had – have ] free time , I would travel around the world . 23- If you [ drove – had driver – would drive ] a little faster , we could get there by noon . 24- If Ali ever went camping , he [ would find – will find – can find ] it difficult to survive . 25- I wish I [ am – were – did ] a rich and famous director . 26- I can’t visit America . I wish I [ were – could – would ] go there . 27- When I saw John , I said , “ [ Merry – Funny – Merrily ] Christmas”. 28- My stomach was [ rummaging – running – rumbling ] , I was so hungry . 29- The [ pigeon – parrot – lark ] is a small wild brown bird that sings . 30- I always wear [ goggles – trainers – glass ] to protect the eyes . 31- Both patients have been [ injected – injured – initiated ] with a new drug . 32- Thousands of people could [ stash – starve – eat ] to death . 33- What a [ gigantic – small – ginger ] phone bill , It’s so huge . 34- The dishes [ will – will be – would ] be washed by Mona .

Page 13: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Give one word for :- 1- A kind of pens you can fill more than once . …………………… 2- To be interested in something . …………………… 3- Someone who adjust , repair and make clothes . …………………… 4- To break something into small pieces . …………………… 5- Heaviness of a stated amount . …………………… 6- Enough or more than enough . …………………… Complete :- 1- ……………. green is your school . 2- Amy suggests a …………….. because they need information from the whole

class . 3- ………………… was a scientist who invented a steam engine . 4- A helicopter is a ………………. that doesn’t have wings . 5- If you eat too many sweets , you will harm ………………. 6- You will not get enough …………… if you do not eat fresh food . Re-write : 1- What about visiting the museum . [ Why don’t ] …………………………………………………….………………………………. 2- You shouldn’t be noisy . [ ought ] …………………………………………………….………………………………. 3- You aren’t allowed to smoke in a hospital . [ mustn’t ] …………………………………………………….………………………………. 4- Where is the pen ? I gave it to you yesterday . [ which ] …………………………………………………….………………………………. 5- This is a woman . Her purse was stolen . [ whose ] …………………………………………………….………………………………. 6- That’s a flat . My uncle bought that flat two years ago . [ which ] …………………………………………………….……………………………….

Page 14: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Unit 11 Endangered : sth which is about to disappear , or threatened by danger. ivory : the hard white substance from which the tusks of some animals are made . bracelet : a piece of jewellery which is worn around the first or arm . tusks : long teeth growing outside the mouth of some animals such as elephants . reptile : a slow crawling animal like a snake & lizard . scholar : one who has done advanced study in a special field or a learned person . jade : precious green stone from which jewellery are made . pearl : the substance which forms a small round object usually white

inside a shell of an oyster . herbs : a type of a plant whose leaves are used in cooking to give flavour to food or

which are used in medicine . landscape : a large area of country side in relation to its appearance . creature : a living being . habitat : the natural surroundings in which an animal or a plant usually lives crane : a tall bird with long thin legs and a long neck . It's a sea bird . fierce : physically violent , frightening , strong or powerful . bam boo : a tall tropical grass with hard hollow stems . extinct : died out tree bark : a solid part that covers a trunk of a tree . trap : unable to move or escape from – caught in sth. wise : someone who behaves well and gives advice to others . rediscover : to discover again . cut down forest : reduce . decorated with : make beautiful . precious = valuable – very expensive . * New Structure ( Non – defining relative clauses )

who person When time

which things Where place

* Elephants are the largest land animals . Elephants are in danger . - Elephants , which are the largest land animals , are in danger . * My father is the boss of a big company . He is very rich . - My father , who is the boss of a big company , is very rich .

Page 15: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

I- Choose the correct answer : 1. The Arctic fox is hunted for its [ tusks – meat – fur ] . 2. Elephants' tusks are made of [ gold – ivory – wood ] . 3. The blue whale and the dolphin have large [ ears – brains – arms ] . 4. The dodo is an [ expensive – extinct – extensive ] bird . 5. The Arctic fox has two [ jackets – shirts – coats ] . 6. [ Scholars – Corals – Hunters ] are wise men who study and collect different

things . 7. The [ panda – crocodile – tortoise ] , which looks like a bear , is killed for its fur . 8. The [ humpback whale – blue whale – dolphin ], which is the largest animal in

the world, is hunted for food and oil . 9. Pandas , elephants and dolphins are [ dangerous – endangered – danger ] animals 10. People kill the blue whale for food and [ ivory – oil – fur ] . 11. A dinosaur is an [ extinct – expensive – exhausted ] animal . 12. The turtle puts its head into its [ shell – sheet – shelter ] . 13. Gold is a [ precious – precise – predict ] metal used for making jewels . 14. [ Tuna – Tune – Tunnel ] is a large sea fish , its meat usually used in cans . 15. Smoking seriously [ endears – endeavours – endangers ] your health . 16. The [ Arctic – architect – arch ] is the very cold part of the world around the North Pole . 17. The blue whale weighs more than 200 [ tons – tones – toner ] . 18. Most diseases are [ related – relaxed – released ] to smoking . 19. A dolphin has a very large [ brain – bracelet – brand ] . 20. She was [ trapped – tripped – trembled ] in the burning house . 21. A crocodile is a large tropical [ reptile – republic – reply ] . 22. These are [ fierce – fibre – fiancé ] dogs . 23. A [ bamboo – jumbo – band age ] is a tall plant with hard hollow stems . 24. There's a nice rural [ landscape – land owner – landlady ] across the River Nile . 25. He is a Latin [ scholar – scholarship – scooter ] . 26. A [ scholar – scholarship – schedule ] is a person who studies a subject and knows a lot about it . 27. I think they have made a [ wise – wire – wine ] decision . 28. [ Herbs – Herds – Hens ] are plants added to food to improve its taste . 29. The [ bark – park – barn ] is the material that forms the surface of the wood of a

tree 30. She [ decorated – decreased – declared ] the cake with some cherries . 31. Elephants , [ who – which – whom ] are the largest land animals are in danger .

Page 16: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

32. The thief , [ who – which – whose ] was in my flat yesterday , stole my camera .

33. Hunters kill the elephants , [ who – which – whom ] is the largest land animal .

34. My suitcase , [ who – which – whom ] is very heavy , weighs 80 kilos .

35. The clown , [ who – which – whom ] works in the circus , is very funny .

36. The humpback whale , [ who – which – whom ] sings in water , is in danger .

37. The airhostess , [ who – which – whose ] helps the pilot on the plane , is very

kind.

38. The children , [ who – whose – which ] were playing in the street , saw the

accident.

39. A dolphin , [ which – who – whose ] is a clever animal , is in danger .

40. I like the hat [ who – which – whose ] Mona is wearing .

41. The sofa [ who – which – whose ] he was sitting on , wasn't comfortable .

42. The police caught the thief [ who – whose – which ] stole the car .

43. The picture [ who – which – whose ] he was drawing was about animals .

44. What was the name of the man [ who – which – whose ] won the prize ?

45. Who met the lady [ who – whose – which ] husband is a businessman .

II- Give one word : 1. The substance which forms a small round object usually white inside the shell

of an oyster . …………………… 2. A tall bird with long thin legs and a long neck . …………………… 3. A person who studies a subject in a great detail and who is clever at learning

by studying . …………………… 4. A large area of countryside in relation to its appearance . …………………… 5. A tall tropical grass with hard hollow stems . …………………… 6. Long teeth growing outside the mouth of some animals such as elephants. …………………… 7. The hard white substance from which the tusks of some animals are made. …………………… 8. A piece of jewellery which is worn around the wrist or arm . ……………………

Page 17: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

9. A type of a plant whose leaves are used in cooking to give flavour to food . …………………… 10. A solid part that covers a trunk of a tree . …………………… 11. Someone who behaves well and gives advice to others . …………………… 12. The natural surroundings in which an animal or plant usually lives . …………………… III- Complete the following sentences : 1. The blue whale …………………. 2oo ton .

2. Men kill elephants for their …………………

3. Dinosaurs are now …………………………

4. The ………….. is the material that forms the surface of the wood of a tree .

5. A ………. is a tropical forest with tall trees . II- Rewrite the following sentences using words in brackets : 1. The blue whale is the largest animal in the world . It weighs more than 2oo tons .

[ which ]

……………………………………………………………………………………

2. Dolphins are related to whales . They are found all over the world . [ which ]

3. My sister is very rich . She buys a car every year . [ who ]

4. Hunters kill the blue whale . They want its meat and oil . [ who ]

5. Elephants ' tusks are made of ivory . Ivory is very expensive . [ which ]

6. Mr. Wilson has a son . His son is very clever . [who ]

7. The Arctic fox lives in the North Pole. It has two coats . [ which ]

Page 18: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

8. The Ink Monkey is a tiny animal . It helps scholars with their work . [ which ]

9. The thief is very clever . He robbed the bank alone . [ who ]

10. Some hunters killed the dodo . It is now extinct . [ which ]

11. Dalia goes to her uncle once a week . [ How …. ]

12. I often sleep early . [ not ]

13. Ali is a naughty boy . He had an accident last night . [ who ]

14. The film was boring I saw it last night . [ which ]

15. The car is very expensive . She is driving it . [ which ]

16. He has just written the letter . [ not]

17. He has been in France since 1997 . [ How …. ]

18. The girl was pretty . Her leg was broken . [ whose ]

19. The house has been repaired . Its roof was damaged . [ which]

20. Any man is a fool . He belives your story . [ who ]

Page 19: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Unit 12 stilts : long pieces of wood or metal used to support a building so that it becomes

above the ground or water . inuits : People who live in the icy northern areas of North America . igloo : a circular house made of blocks of hard snow . nomad : People who live in the deserts move from one place to another . parlour : a room in a private house used for relaxing or entertaining guests . breeze : a light and pleasant wind . apartment : a large flat with many rooms. merchant : a person who buys and sells . pack : to collect things that you need in a suitcase for traveling. scarce : rare . adobe : mixture of earth and straw [ dried grass ] made into bricks and used to build houses . weave : to make cloth by using threads . steep : (of a slope ) rising or falling at a sharp angle . slide off : to cause to move smooth over a surface . * New Structure Reported Speech * Reported information - Ali said to Ahmed " I go to school by bus ." - Ali told Ahmed that he went to school by bus . Present simple past simple I he , she My his , her

We they Our their

You he , she [ him – her ] Your his , her In the reported speech we usually make the following changes : now then today that day yesterday the previous day- the day before . this morning / year that morning ………. tomorrow the next day / the following day last week the previous week next week the following week

Page 20: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

* Reported commands - Ali said to Ahmed " Bring some heavy clothes ! " - Ali told Ahmed to bring some heavy clothes . - Dina said to Mona " Don't forget your school bag ! " - Dina told Mona not to forget her school bag . I- Choose the correct answer : 1. If you want to slide on the snow , you should have a pair of [ trainers – sandals – skis ] . 2. I usually put my money in a small [ wallet – book – computer ] . 3. Some houses have [ steep roofs – white walls – stilts ] so that the snow can slide off 4. Some houses are painted white to [ affect – reflect – detect ] the sun . 5. The Inuit people live in [ the Arctic – the desert – the sea ] . 6. The nomads live in [ the Arctic – the desert – the sea ] . 7. The Inuit people live in houses made of snow , which are called [ adobe huts – tents – igloos ] 8. The Sultan lives in a [ hut – palace – tent ] . 9. In South America people live in [ igloos – tents – adobe huts ] which are made of mud bricks . 10. A thief stole my [ shirt – wallet – jumper ] from my packet yesterday . 11. This lake isn't deep , it's [ large – wide – shallow ] . 12. The fields were washed away by [ floods – floors – flocks ] . 13. Some native Americans live in [ teepees – tents – huts ] . 14. A [ skyscraper – sky diving – sky light ] is a very tall building in the city . 15. [ Sandals – Sand castles – Sand dunes ] are light open shoes that you wear in warm weather . 16. My [ apartment – house – villa ] is in the 5th floor . 17. Backingham [ flat – house – palace ] is a large house where a king and a queen lives . 18. The guests are sitting in the [ parlour – parallel – parasite ] . 19. Because there's a lot of rain in Asia people build houses on [ stilts – stones – concrete ] . 20. It's dangerous to drive on a [ steep – steam – steel ] road . 21. The spider is [ weaving – wedding – weeping ] its web . 22. [ Roll up – Roll out – Roll in ] your sleeves , they are too long . 23. We like to go to the beach to enjoy the [ breeze – brick – breed ] . 24. [ Boots – Trainers – Sandals ] are kind of shoes worn for sports . 25. Farah told Dina that she [ buys – bought – buy ] a new shirt . 26. I told my mother [ to – that – if ] I went to school on foot .

Page 21: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

27. Adham told me to [ take – took – takes ] his umbrella . 28. Dina told me [ to forget – not to forget – forgot ] my wallet . 29. Heba told me that everyone [ go – went – gone ] to the party . 30. Sam said to Joe that [ he – I – she ] slept for a long time . 31. Houses in Switzerland have steep roofs [ because – so that – to ] snow can slide off . 32. I took my umbrella with me [ because – so that – to ] it was very hot . 33. Some houses are painted white [ because – so that – to ] they can reflect the sun . 34. They told her [ don't – not to – didn't ] attend the party . 35. He advised us [ to work – work – worked ] faster . 36. Rana told me that she [ want – wanted – wants ] to eat biscuits . 37. The doctor told me that [ his health–my health–her health]would improve very quickly . II- Give one word : 1. People who move from one place to another . …………………… 2. A light and pleasant wind . …………………… 3. A small vehicle for travelling on water . …………………… 4. Mixture of earth straw [ dried grass ] made into bricks and used to build houses . …………………… 5. A Group of people who live in the icy northern areas of North America.

…………………… 6. Rising or falling at a sharp angle . …………………… 7. A person who buys and sells . …………………… 8. A room in a private house used for relaxing or entertaining guest

.………………… 9. A large flat . …………………… 10. Long pieces of wood or metal used to support a building so that it is

above the ground or water . …………………… 11. A circular house made of blocks of hard snow . …………………… 12. To cause to move smoothly over a surface . ……………………

Page 22: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

III- Complete the following sentences : 1. In crowded Hong Kong , some people live in ……………. 2. In hot countries , some houses are painted white to ……. …………….. 3. In Asia , some houses are built on ……………. because there is a lot of rain . 4. The Inuit people build houses from …………. which are called igloos . 5. A …………………… is someone who visits a place or a person . II- Rewrite the following sentences : 1. Fred said to Amr " I can see Mr. Ali and his wife [ Fred told ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 2. Dina said to Mona " I want to go to the circus ." [ Dina told ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 3. Hany said to Ahmed " We work very hard in my company ." [ Hany told ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 4. Mona said " I like my parents very much " [ that ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 5. Mona said to Radwa " Don't forget your lunch box " [ Mona told ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 6. Mark said to Joe " Bring your umbrella " [ Mark told ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 7. The boy said " I ride my bike every morning " [The boy said that ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 8. Ahmed said to Waleed " Don't open the window ." [ Ahmed told ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 9. Father said to Sami " Take the car to the mechanic ." [ Father told ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 10. The children said to me " Be careful " [The children told ..] …………………………………………………………………………………… 11. The Mechanic said " My workshop needs cleaning .[The mechanic said that] …………………………………………………………………………………… 12. He said to me " Don't touch it . You will make it worse " [ He told me .. ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 13. Toka said " It's expensive to travel by air. " [ that ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 14. " I'm going away tomorrow , mother " [ He told … ] ……………………………………………………………………………………

Page 23: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Unit 13 ancient : very old . emerald : a bright green precious stone which is often used in jewellery . shell : the hard outer covering of something especially nuts , eggs and some animals . shield : a large curved piece of metal , wood , plastic .. etc . used by soldiers for protection . mineral : any substance which is mined . mine : (v) to dig up or remove from the ground . pirate : a person who sails on the sea and uses force to steal from other

ships . money pouch : a bag for keeping money . helmet : a strong hard hat that covers and protects the head . sword : a weapon with a long sharp metal blade and a handle . magnificent : very good , beautiful or to be admired . crew : a group of people who work together especially on a ship or an aircraft . raid : attack . value : to consider it important . turquoise : a precious greenish – blue stone . * New Structure [ Present Perfect Passive ] Ex. - The pirates have found a treasure chest . A treasure chest has been found by the pirates . - People have never found oil on the moon . Oil has never been found on the moon . - present simple passive am – is – are + the past participle of the verb . - past simple passive was – were + the past participle of the verb . - present continuous passive am

is being + the past participle off the verb are

- past continuous passive was being + the past participle of the verb. were

- present perfect simple passive has been + the past participle of the verb . have been

- future ‘will’ passive will be + the past participle of the verb.

Page 24: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

I- Choose the correct answer : 1. [ Oil – Silver – Emerald ] is often called black gold . 2. Pearls are found [ in rocks – underground – under the sea ] . 3. A [ captain – pirate – merchant ] is a violent thief who attacks ships . 4. A [ fork – spoon – sword ] looks like a long knife . 5. [ Shells – Diamonds – Pearls ] are the hardest minerals . 6. Gold , silver , diamond and pearls are [ pleasures – treasures – measures ] . 7. The pharaohs kept their treasures in their [ cares – tombs – houses ] . 8. Pirates were called " cut throats " because they killed their enemies with [ guns –

pistols – swords ] . 9. [ Iron – Gold – Silver ] has been used in horse shoes . 10. The pirate buried his treasure and wrote a [ letter – coded message – biography ] . 11. A [ chest – chess – chief ] is a large strong box we use to keep things in . 12. My mother is wearing a [ pearl – peanut – peak ] necklace . 13. A [ pirate – pistol – pipe ] is a sailor who attacks ships to steal things from them . 14. Who has taken the money ? It was a [ mystery – muscle – muter ] . 15. We all wore [ masks – masses – masters ] at the party . 16. A [ hunter – husband – hunger ] is someone who hunts wild animals . 17. The ship was wrecked and all its [ crew – crop – crisp ] were killed . 18. [ Pearl – Peanut – Peak ] is a valuable small white round object that forms inside an oyster . 19. Your help has been of great [ value – valuable – van ] . 20. A [ crown – crowd – crow ] is a special hat made of jewels worn by aking or a queen . 21. This is a picture of a knight carrying a sword in one hand and a [ shield –

shepherd – shelf ] in the other hand . 22. Troops [ raided – raised – rained ] the village at dawn . 23. There's a [ magnificent – magnetic – magician ] painting in my office . 24. Gold [ has used – had used – has been used ] for masks . 25. A treasure chest has been [ find – profound – found ] on a desert island . 26. Shells [ has – have – had ] been used as money since ancient times . 27. A computer has been [ used – uses – using ] in difficult sums . 28. Where has the thief [ caught – been caught – catches ] ? 29. The children [ have studied – has studies – have been studied ] their lesson . 30. Oil [ has never been – never has been – has been never ] found on the moon . 31. [ You have ever been – Have you ever been – Have you been ever ] given a diamond ?

Page 25: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

32. [ Has ever she been – Has she been ever – Has she ever been ] given a diamond ? 33. Some careless pupils [ has been – been – have been ] punished . 34. A dragon [ has been – have never been – has never been ] seen up till now . 35. An apple [ eats – have been eaten – has been eaten ] by the mechanic . 36. The car [ has repaired – has been repaired – repaired ] by the mechanic . 37. The boys have just [ complete – been completed – completed ] their work . 28. A bridge [ built – has built – has been built ] since 1994 . II- Give one word : 1. The hard outer covering of something especially nuts , eggs and some animals . ……..…………….. 2. Very good , beautiful or to be admired . ……..…………….. 3. A group of people who work together especially on a ship or an aircraft . ……..…………….. 4. A large curved piece of metal , wood , plastic ..etc used by soldiers for protection ……..…………….. 5. Any substance which is mined . ……..…………….. 6. A bag for keeping money . ……..…………….. 7. To dig up or remove from the ground . ……..…………….. 8. A person who sails on the sea and uses force to steal from other ships .………….. 9. To consider it important . ……..…………….. 10. A bright green precious stone which is often used in jewellary .

……..…………….. III- Complete the following sentences : 1. Pirates used to …………………..…….. ships and rob them .

2. Some people believe that Buzzard buried the greatest …………..…. of all time .

3. Oil is often called ……………………….………

4. My mother is wearing a ………………..……….. necklace .

5. Diamonds are the hardest ……………….……………

6. A …………………….….. is made of jewels worn by a king .

Page 26: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

II- Rewrite the following sentences using the words between brackets :

1. The boy has found a gold ring . [ A gold … ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 2. The pirates have buried the treasure chest . [ The treasure ….. ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 3. The surveyors have measured the forest . [ The forest …….. ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 4. Some engineers have found a new oil field . [ A new … ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 5. The police have caught the thief . [ The thief ….. ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 6. Eagles have been seen in these mountains . [ use : never ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 7. The thief has been caught by the police . [ not ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 8. The girl has washed the dishes . [ The dishes ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 9. An earthquake has destroyed the village . [ The village ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 10. He has sent us an e-mail . [ An e-mail ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 11. I have collected some stamps . [ Some stamps ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 12. The children have drunk milk . [ Milk ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 13. The cold wind has frozen my face . [ My face ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 14. The teacher has explained the new vocab . [ The new …. ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 15. Ali usually reads stories . [ read ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 16. William Shakespeare wrote Hamelt . [ by ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 17. They will buy new computers . [ be ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 18. My father is driving his car now . [ being ] ……………………………………………………………………………………

Page 27: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Revision on (Units 11- 12 and 13) Choose the correct answer :

1- The [ lion – crocodile – blue – whale ] is the largest sea animal . 2- People kill whales for their [ skin – oil – coats ] . 3- The [ Arctic fox – bear – gorilla ] has two coats . 4- People hunt elephants for their [ fur – tusks – oil ] . 5- The woman [ who – which – whose ] lives next door is a doctor . 6- Where is the cheese [ who – which – whose ] was in the fridge ? 7- Chinese scholars were known [ for – to – in ] collecting things which they needed

for their work . 8- My daughter’s desk was covered [ to – with – by ] interesting things . 9- Omar [ told – said – says ] me to bring my gloves . 10- Rana [ told – said – says ] that she had a party . 11- David said I met my friend [ yesterday – today – the previous day ] . 12- Mahmoud says that my sister [ plays – played – had played ] the piano beautifully . 13- The Inuit people live in houses made of snow , which are called [ cottages – tents – igloos ] . 14- In Switzerland houses have [ steep roofs – white walls – stilts ] so that the snow can slide off . 15- [ Diamond – Silver – Gold ] is the hardest minerals . 16- Oliver Twist [ has been written – wrote – was written ] by Charles Dickens . 17- A [ captain – cabin bay – pirate ] is someone who attacks ships . 18- [ Diamond – turquoise – pearl ] is a precious greenish –blue stone . 19- The ship was wrecked and all its [ crew – visitors – pilots ] were killed . 20- Rana told me that she [ want – wanted – wants ] to eat biscuits . Give one word :- 1- Long teeth growing outside the mouth of the elephant . …………………. 2- Someone who has done advanced study in a special field . …………………. 3- People who live in the icy North areas of North America . …………………. 4- A circular house made of blocks of hard snow . ………………….. 5- A weapon with a long sharp metal blade and a handle . ………………….. 6- A bag for keeping money . ………………..

Page 28: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Complete :-

1- A …….. is a person who sails on the sea and uses force to steal from other ships . 2- ……………… is a bright green precious stone . 3- A …………….. is a room in a house for guests . 4- In Asia , some houses are built on …………. because there is a lot of rain . 5- The ……………… is the material that farms the surface of the wood of a tree . 6- The Arctic Fox has two ………………… Rewrite :- 1- My sister is very clever . She always gets the full marks . [ who ] ………………………………………………………………………………… 2- Mona said to Omar “ Don’t play with matches” . [ Mona told ] ………………………………………………………………………………… 3- Ahmed has drawn a picture . [ been ] ………………………………………………………………………………… 4- Sarah has just travelled to London . [ yet ] ………………………………………………………………………………… 5- Mahamoud is going to travel to London . [ Where ] ………………………………………………………………………………… 6- Noha has bought a new car . [ What ] ………………………………………………………………………………… 7- Hoda is making Pizza now . [ Pizza ] ………………………………………………………………………………… 8- Ali saw an accident yesterday . [ just ] ………………………………………………………………………………… 9- Soha said “ I will go to the cinema tomorrow” [ Soha said that ] ………………………………………………………………………………… 10- The teacher has explained the new lesson . [ The new lesson ] ………………………………………………………………………………… Composition :

Write a paragraph of six sentences on the following topic “ Friendship”

time in need – helpful – honest – difficulties – cooperative – hard time

…………………………………………………………………………………

Page 29: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Unit 14 Vocab. : ocean : a very large area of sea , usually separating continents . project : a piece of work involving research and study of a particular subject . a threat : (n) a warning that something may happen . oil spill : when oil comes out of a ship and causes pollution . oil tanker : a ship that transports huge amounts of oil . pollution : making the air , water or soil dirty and dangerous . rubbish : the things that people throw away because they don't need them . tentacles : long thin parts of a sea animal , used for holding things . enemy : something or someone that is not friendly to you and wants to harm you . Structure

1- We usually introduce reported questions with “ask” and the expression want to know.”

2- Follow the word order of affirmative sentences subj+v. + ob. 3- The reported question begins with the same question word .” Who –

which – what – where – when – how” 4- When the direct question begins with “ Do – Does – Did – Have / Has

… etc) , start the reported question with if or whether . Examples : 1- “ What are you doing?” she asked . She wanted to know what I was

doing . 2- “ Do you like coffee ?” he asked . He asked me if I liked coffee . 3- “ Who is your teacher ?” he asked me. He asked me sell your old car

last month?” 4- “ Did you sell your old car last month?” Jack asked his aunt if /

whether she had sold her old car the previous month . Choose : 1. An /A [ Pond – Lake – ocean ] is a very big sea . 2. Cars , buses and trains are means of [ transplant – transport – translation ] . 3. So many [ foresters – tourists – soldiers ] visit the pyramids everyday . 4. Squids have arms which are called [ toes – fingers – tentacles ] . 5. Some animals are [ dangers – edible – poisonous ] , which means we can eat them 6. The [ crab – jellyfish – starfish ] has a hard shell . 7. Cigarettes , cars and buses [ pollute – develop – solve ] the environment .

Page 30: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

8. Oil tankers sometimes spill [ sticky black oil – black sticky oil – sticky oil black ] into the sea .

9. There are only five [ seas – rivers – oceans ] in the world . 10. Oil can cover the [ heads – feathers – tails ] of birds so they can't fly . 11. Oil [ tankers – beaches – oceans ] sometimes spill sticky , black oil into the sea . 12. Cutting down too many trees destroys the [ project – environment – oceans ] . 13. People [ do – pollute – bite ] beaches by dumping rubbish . 14. Plastic bags can [ trap – bite – tide ] animals . 15. A [ quiz – project – ocean ] is an activity in which students collect information about something . 16. The box is full of old papers , broken toys and other [ rubbish – spills – tentacles ] 17. Pollution causes a major [ scene – sight – threat ] to our environment . 18. [ Fool – Silly – Intelligent ] students understand very quickly .

Complete : 1. Plastic bags …………………… sea animals . 2. ……………………. sometimes spill sticky black oil into the sea . 3. Planes , trains and buses are different types of …………………… 4. ……………….. covers 70 percent of the earth . 5. People need oceans for ………………… and …………….. Give one word : 1. The activity in which students collect information about something . ……………. 2. Things that you don't want and throw away . ……………. 3. Making the air , water or soil dirty . ……………. 4. A person or country wants to harm you . ……………. 5. The world in which we live . ……………. Re- write : 1. The teacher said " How old is that ship ?" [ The teacher asked ] ……………………………………………………………………………………

2. My father said " What is the name of that street ?" [ My father wondered ] ……………………………………………………………………………………

Page 31: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

3. The tourist said " Why is the water so dirty ?" [ The tourist asked ] ……………………………………………………………………………………

4. Mum said " What are the children doing ?" [ Mum wondered ] ……………………………………………………………………………………

5. The policeman said " Why is that man running away ?" [ The policeman asked ] ……………………………………………………………………………………

6. Amal said to Ali " Have you got the full mark in the test ?" [ Amal asked ] ……………………………………………………………………………………

7. The teacher said to Amr " Did you bring your homework ?" [ The teacher asked ] ……………………………………………………………………………………

8. She said to her mother " Do you like pizza ?" [ If ]

9. I asked Rasha " Can you speak English well ?" [ I asked Rasha " If "] ……………………………………………………………………………………

10. Hend asked " Will you come with me to the park?" Soha .[ If ] ……………………………………………………………………………………

11. The teacher said " How much does a dolphin weigh ?" [ The teacher asked ] ……………………………………………………………………………………

12. Alex said " How many oceans are there ?" [ Alex wondered ] ……………………………………………………………………………………

13. She said to me " Have you corrected you’re your exercise ?" [ She asked me ] ……………………………………………………………………………………

14. Ahmed said " Omar , what is the fisherman doing ?" [ Ahmed asked ] ……………………………………………………………………………………

15. Sarah said to Reham " Will you be in class tomorrow ?" [ Sarah wanted to know ] ……………………………………………………………………………………

Page 32: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

16. Mona said to Ali " Bring my purse from the bedroom ." [ Mona told ] ……………………………………………………………………………………

17. Amir said to me " I will go to the cinema with my father ." [ Amir told ]

18. Dad said " Did you like your first day at school ?" [ Dad wanted to know if ]

Page 33: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Unit 15 Vocab. : drown : to die because of being unable to breathe under water . crush : to damage something by squeezing it very hard . bury : to put something in the ground and cover it over . poison : a substance that can kill or harm an animal , a plant or human . freeze – froze – frozen : to reach such a low , cold temperature that a liquid becomes a solid . fossils : the remains of a plant or an animal that died many years ago . comet : a huge ball of dust , ice and gases that travels around the sun . asteroid : one of many rocky objects which circle the sun . evidence : a proof that something has happened . theory : an idea about how or why something happens or will happen . peninsula : a piece of land almost completely surrounded by water . Italy is a peninsula . tidal : the regular change in the level of the sea , which happenes twice a day . New Structure : ( Third Conditional ) If ( past perfect ) ( would have ) + p. p. - If an asteroid had hit the earth , it would have killed the dinosaurs . - I would have been on time , if the traffic hadn't been so bad . Choose : 1. If rocks had fallen on the dinosaurs , they would have been [ burned – frozen – buried ] . 2. Many people have [ drowned – frozen – burned ] in the flood . 3. Scientists have found a lot about dinosaurs from [ fossils – monuments – books ]

which are old and hard bones . 4. [ Tiny – Medium – Enormous ] means very big . 5. Comets and asteroids come from [ the sun – space – the moon ] . 6. [ Fishes – Fossils – Missiles ] are very old bones which are now hard . 7. After the thief had stolen the watch , he [ appeared – disappeared – screamed ] . 8. If you drink dirty water , you will be [ happy – poisoned – satisfied ] . 9. When someone dies , we [ arrest – marry – bury ] him . 10. If it had got very cold , the dinosaurs would have been [ burned – fired – frozen ]. 11. If there had been [ floods – earthquakes – volcanoes ] , the dinosaurs would have drowned .

Page 34: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

12. If an asteroid had hit the earth , there would have been [ earthquakes – floods – forests ] . 13. Water boils at a [ temperature – temple – tentacles ] of 100° . 14. Lightning set the forests on [ smoke – fire – light ] . 15. If the water [ was – is – had been ] poisoned , the dinosaurs would have died . 16. If a comet had hit the Earth , dinosaurs [ would die – will die – would have died ] 17. If you [ was – is – had been ] to China , we would have met together . 18. Mona [ will buy - would buy – would have bought ] a computer if she had enough money . 19. Dinosaurs would have [ been frozen – been burned – been crushed ] , if the forests had caught fire . 20. If the boy had drunk the dirty water , it [ will poison – would have poisoned – would poison ] him . 21. If it had got very cold , dinosaurs would have been [ frozen – buried – burned ] . 22. If the pharaohs hadn't built the pyramids , many tourists [ wouldn't have come –

wouldn't come – won't come ] to Egypt . 23. If you go to school , you [ will meet – would meet – would have met ] Mona . 24. I [ helped – would have helped – will help ] him , if he had been polite . Complete : 1. Fossils are very old ………………………. 2. The …………………… were the largest land animals ever . 3. A person who studies or practises science is a………………….. 4. Scientists have found more …………………… for the asteroid ………….. 5. There were huge ………………….. waves . 6. ………………….. covered the sun . 7. The forest …………………… fires . 8. The ground shook because of the ………………… Give one word : 1. To damage something by squeezing it very hard ……..……….…….. 2. The old remains of a plant or an animal ………..…………… 3. A proof that something had happened ……..…………….. 4. To put something underground ……..…………….. 5. A piece of land completely surrounded by water ……..……………..

Page 35: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Correct the verbs between brackets : 1. If the rocks had fallen on the dinosaurs , they [ be bury ]…………………….…. 2. If there had been floods , the dinosaurs [ drown] ………………………………. 3. The teacher wouldn't have punished you , if you [ do ] your H.W. …………………………………………………………………………………… 4. Earthquakes [ cause ] tidal waves, if an asteroid had hit the Earth . …………………………………………………………………………………… 5. You [ meet ] him if you had come earlier . …………………………………………………………………………………… Rewrite using " If " : 1. The team didn't win the match because they didn't train hard . …………………………………………………………………………………… 2. They didn't pass the exam because they didn't study hard . …………………………………………………………………………………… 3. She was very happy because she learned to speak French . …………………………………………………………………………………… 4. She arrived home late because the traffic was crowded . …………………………………………………………………………………… 5. It began to rain , so they decided not to go to the beach . …………………………………………………………………………………… 6. We didn't go to her birthday party as she didn't invite us . …………………………………………………………………………………… 7. I arrived home late so I didn't do the homework . …………………………………………………………………………………… 8. Dina's mother didn't agree so she didn't go to America . ……………………………………………………………………………………

Page 36: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Unit 16 Vocab. : Olympics : a sporting competition for athletes from countries all over the world

, held every four years . chess : a board game for two people . the winner is the person who takes

the other player's king . breeze : a gentle wind . winding down : to turn in a curving way . merry : happy gale : a strong wind . rumble : to make a long low noise . burrow : an animal's underground home . water skiing : a kind of sports when someone skis on the surface of sea water . lark : a small wild brown bird that sings . chat : a friendly talk . New Structure : ( I wish ……….. ) I wish + past ( to describe – to present ) state . Ex: I wish I could play chess = I can't play chess . I wish I lived in the country = I don't live there now . I wish I didn't have spots = I have spots now . Choose : 1. A lark is a little singing [ animal – bird – chorus ] . 2. I like sports very much . I wish I could go to the [ beach – cinema – Olympics ] . 3. I don't like the city . I wish I lived in the [ sea – country – ocean ] . 4. I like playing [ tennis – football – chess ] , because it needs a lot of thinking . 5. A leopard has [ stripes – spots – spikes ] on his body . 6. If a rabbit went to the country , it would find [ a few – many – plenty ] of grass and carrots . 7. Rabbits , rats and foxes live in [ burrows – houses – boxes ] . 8. Mariam and Noha are [ sleeping – cheating – chatting ] . They are speaking about different things . 9. My favourite [ subject – sport – story ] is water skiing . 10. I live in the country . It is so [ noisy – quiet – busy ] . 11. My [ chin – wit – wish ] is to pass the final exam . 12. [ Popcorn – Olympics – Chess ] is an international sport competition which take

place every four years .

Page 37: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

13. I wish I [ can – will – could ] play football . 14. I wish I [ live – lived – living ] near the school . 15. I wish I [ have – had – has ] a bike . 16. I wish my mother [ wasn't – isn't – hadn't ] so strict . 17. I wish I [ can – could – shall ] get a cheeseburger sandwich . 18. The baby is crying . I wish it [ stop – would stop – stops ] . 19. Mary wishes she [ is – will be – was ] in sixth primary . 20. Ayman wishes he [ finds – found – finding ] the rat . 21. The weather is so hot . I wish it [ is – will – was ] cool . 22. We can't join the basketball team . I wish I [ is – was – am ] taller . 23. She wishes she [ lives – will live – lived ] in the countryside . 24. Mary wishes she [ had – has – have ] a radio . 25. Harry wishes he [ is – was – was being ] a sailor . 26. I wish I [ can – could be – can ] a doctor when I grow up . Give one word : 1. A very strong wind . ……..…………….. 2. An international sports competition which takes place every four years . ……..…………….. 3. To make a hole in the ground as a home . ……..…………….. 4. A light gentle wind . ……..…………….. 5. A friendly talk . ……..…………….. 6. To make a long low noise . ……..…………….. Complete : 1. I ………….. I lived in the country . 2. There is a cool ………………. blowing from the west . 3. A sailing boat sank in the river because a strong …………. blew . 4. She's a …………………… girl . She is always happy . 5. There is a …………… food you can get whatever you like . Correct the verbs between brackets : 1. I don't have a pair of jeans . I wish I [ have ] a new pair . …………………………………………………………………………………… 2. She's very short . She wishes she (be ) tall . …………………………………………………………………………………… 3. He doesn't have a motorbike . He [ wish ] he [ have ] one . …………………………………………………………………………………… 4. I'm very poor . I wish I [ be ] rich . …………………………………………………………………………………… 5. I want to visit London . I wish I [ visit ] London one day . ……………………………………………………………………………………

Page 38: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Rewrite : 1. I'm very fat . [ I wish ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 2. Tom has spots in his face . [ Tom wishes ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 3. Sue lives in the country . [ Sue wishes ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 4. It's very cold today . [ I wish ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 5. We don't have a pet . [ I wish ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 6. She said to me " When did you go to the zoo ?" [ She asked me ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 7. They would have won if ………………………….. [ practiced ] 8. The dog chased the cat . This dog is mine . [ which] …………………………………………………………………………………… 9. My father saves money to buy a car . [ so that ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 10. In case of doing your work , you won't be punished . [ If ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 11. The teacher has collected the sheets . [ The sheets ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 12. I want to be an artist . [ I wish ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 13. I don't have enough money to buy a mobile . [ I wish ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 14. She cut her finger . [ not ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 15. These trainers are so expensive . [ He wishes ] ……………………………………………………………………………………

Page 39: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Revision ( Units 14 – 15 – 16 ) Choose :- 1- [ The Indian Ocean – Naser lake – The Nile River ] is one the five very large

areas of water in the world . 2- The students collected information on [ a study – research – a project ] on

pollution . 3- The octopus has long [ trunks – toes – tentacles ] like arms . 4- The teacher asked who [ didn’t – not – wasn’t ] answer the question . 5- He wanted to know [ if he would – if would he – would he ] be in Alex tomorrow 6- The storm destroyed the ship and all the crew [ burned – drowned – killed ] . 7- The police couldn’t find an [ evidence – opinion – answer ] doesn’t sleep at night [ If ] 8- You will need a lot of water because you will exercise hard . 9- The thief can’t break into my house because I am careful . [ unless ] 10- Mona won’t visit her aunt because the weather won’t be fine . [ unless ] * Write of not less than seven sentences on the following topic :- “ Heavy traffic in large cities”.

heavy traffic – traffic lights – traffic jam – following rules – accidents – ambulance – mad drivers – late for work .

Re-write :- 1- The tourist asked me “ What language do you speak?” [ wanted to know ]

…………………………………………………….………………………………. 2- The teacher asked Mona if she had done her homework . [ Did ]

…………………………………………………….………………………………. 3- Mother said “ what are you doing now ?” [ asked ]

…………………………………………………….………………………………. 4- Sam didn’t do his homework so the teacher punished him . [ If ]

…………………………………………………….………………………………. 5- If my father had driven slowly , he wouldn’t have had an accident . [ because ]

…………………………………………………….………………………………. 6- If it hadn’t begun to rain , they would have decided to go to the beach . [ unless ]

…………………………………………………….………………………………. 7- I don’t have any toys . [ wish ]

…………………………………………………….………………………………. 8- I’m not very rich . [ I wish ]

…………………………………………………….………………………………. 9- I wish I had some popcorn . [ Don’t ]

…………………………………………………….………………………………. 10- I lived in the village . [ I wish / didn’t ]

…………………………………………………….……………………………….

Page 40: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

* Write a paragraph of six sentences on the following topic :-

“ The importance of learning English .”

Helping words :-

An international language – important meeting – TV news – papers and

magazines – the habits of other countries – the language of computers .

* Give one word for :-

1- A warning that something may happen . ……………………

2- Someone that is not friendly to you and he wants to harm you . ……………………

3- A huge ball of oust , ice and gases that travels around the sun .……………………

4- The regular change in the level of the see . ……………………

5- A board game for two people . The winner is the person who takes the other player’s

king . ……………………

6- An animal’s underground home . ……………………

7- A line of light shining from bright object . ……………………

8- A small piece of medicine that’s swallowed . ……………………

Complete :-

1- There are ……….. oceans in the world .

2- Water covers ……………. of the Erath .

3- Over the last ………………….. scientist have found out a lot about dinosaurs .

4- Asteroids and ……………… travel very fast .

5- Larks can’t …………….. nor rabbits fly .

6- It’s ……………….. and dark under the ground .

7- School will be built of …………. in the future .

8- In the future computers will be controlled by ……………….

Page 41: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Unit 17 screen : a flat surface onto which moving images are projected .T.v. screen . field trip : a trip in which students learn about something at first hand . beam (n) : a line of light shining from bright object . satellite : an artificial device in space that receives and transmits information around the world . goggles : special glasses worn to protect the eyes . pill : a small piece of medicine that is swallowed . injection : giving someone medicine by a needle . seaweed : dark green plant growing in the sea . greenhouse : a building made mainly of glass , used for growing plants . starve : to suffer or die from lack of food . gigantic : huge or enormous .

( Future Simple Passive ) Will be + P.P.

Ex: Mona will eat the Pizza . Pizza will be eaten by Mona . Choose : 1. The children went on a [ farm trip – field trip – step ] to the High Dam . 2. [ Agriculture – Industry – Trade ] is growing different crops on a piece of land . 3. Everyday a lot of people [ carve – serve – starve ], they die of hunger . 4. The car is going into a [ fountain – tunnel – bridge ] under the ground . 5. Divers wear [ glasses – goggles – binoculars ] so that they can see things

underwater 6. That spaceship is gigantic . This means it's [ tiny – small – enormous ] . 7. My little brother is sick . The doctor gave him an[ injection - election – infection ] 8. T.V. channels are beamed to us by [ moon – satellite – radio ] . 9. [ Seaweed – Seagull – Season ] is a plant which grows near the sea . 10. Blackboard will be [ sold – replaced – written ] by huge T.V. screens . 11. [ Satellites – Planets – Classrooms ] will be different . Students will sit at group desks . 12. Computers will be [ controlled – taken – built ] by voice . 13. Students will be taken on [ farm – field – plant ] trips to outer space and they will

learn about other planets . 14. In the future , people will be able to live in underwater [ cities – beds –

computers ] 15. [ Screens – Robots – Satellites ] will do most of the work that people used to do in the past .

Page 42: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

16. Mirrors are made of [ plastic – wood – glass ] . 17. The final football match will be beamed live from Germany by [ sight – machine – satellite ] . 18. You'd better wear a pair of [ files – gloves – goggles ] when you swim . 19. Most farmers grow vegetables in [ space stations – pills – green houses ] . 20. The patient felt better after he had taken the [ idea – system – injection ] . 21. Schools [ will build – will be built – is building ] of glass in the future . 22. The homework [ is doing – will be done – was done ] tomorrow . 23. Will teachers [ helped – be helped – help ] by robots ? 24. The match [ is playing – will be played – will play ] at 6.00 . 25. Those boots need [ clean – cleans – cleaning ] . 26. Your long nails need [ cut – cutting – cuts ] . 27. The chicken will be [ eat – ate – eaten ] if you don't come . 28. In the future , planes [ are flown – will be flown – have been flown ] by robots . 29. The baby wants [ looks after – looking after – look after ] . 30. Books [ will replace – won't be replaced – would replace ] by computers . 31. Writing [ won't be done – won't do – is going to do ] by pencils . 32. Seaweed [ is using – is being used – will use ] as food . Complete : 1. People may travel through …………… under the sea . 2. We might have to eat ………………………. 3. Astronauts travel into space in …………………. 4. People in south Africa are dying because of ….. they can't find any thing to cat . 5. This T.V. ………. is fourteen inches . 6. He's wearing a pair of swimming ………………. Change into passive : 1. I will invite my friends to my birthday party . …………………………………………………………………………………… 2. She will watch a film before she sleeps . …………………………………………………………………………………… 3. People won't use books in the future . …………………………………………………………………………………… 4. Computers will do school work . …………………………………………………………………………………… 5. Machines will cook and sell food . …………………………………………………………………………………… 6. She will feed the baby . …………………………………………………………………………………… 7. You will spill the ink on the carpet . …………………………………………………………………………………… 8. People will build schools of glass . ……………………………………………………………………………………

Page 43: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Re-write : 1. Mona will wash the dishes tonight . [ The dishes ]

2. Bassem will eat the chicken . [ The chicken ]

3. Nora will build a hut in the garden . [ built ]

4. The captain will kill the pirate . [ will be ]

5. You need to wash your hair . [ washing ]

6. The children have broken the window . [ The window ]

7. Shadi will be chased by the dog . [ not ]

8. This singer sings very badly . [ I wish ]

9. When you go to the market , you will meet Doha . [ If ]

10. Hany said " Omar , How old are you ?" [ Hany asked ]

11. Dalia said " My father like his job very much ." [ Dalia said ]

12. I have been to Paris for two years . [ How … ?]

13. Mai is helpful . She helps me with the housework . [ Who ]

14. She drank some orange juice . [ not ]

Page 44: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Unit 18

find out – found out – found out : to know the facts about something . mutton : meat from sheep . stuff : any substance or material . coax / ed / ed : to persuade someone gently to do sth or go somewhere . mother tongue : the native language that a person knows when

he was a child from his mother . cuckoo : a bird that has a call which sounds like its name beef : cow's meat . Match the following words with their definitions : 1. A topic - things that are used as clothes . 2. A team - is a very large sea . 3. An ocean - is a person who governs a country . 4. Clothing - something to talk or write about . 5. A ruler - is the meat of sheep . 6. Mother tongue - is the meat of cow . 7. Beef - is a musical instrument . 8. Mutton - is a place with lots of trees . 9. A violin - is a group of people working together . 10. A jungle - is the language spoken by its native people . Choose : 1. My [ father tongue – mother tongue – sister tongue ] is Arabic . 2. The meat of cows is called [ mutton – beef – bacon ] . 3. The meat of sheep is called [ mutton – beef – bacon ] . 4. When I entered the restaurant , the waiter gave me a [ monument – menu –

marble ] to choose my meal . 5. An octopus has nine arms which are called [ tactics – tentacles – miracles ] . 6. Rats usually live in [ cages – burrows – rivers ] . 7. An elephant has two [ husks – tusks – flasks ] . 8. If you eat too much fried food , you'll be [ slim – overweight – genius ] . 9. The Inuits live in houses made of [ skin – snow – mud bricks ] which we

call igloos 10. The pirates are called " cutthroats " because they killed their enemies with

[ knives – poison – swords ] .

Page 45: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

11. We have to discuss this [ office – topic – nation ] immediately . 12. Mother [ coaxed – retreated – returned ] her son to take his medicine . 13. In order to [ leave – rule – find ] out the truth , you'd better ask her . 14. A [ jungle – patient – cuckoo ] is a bird that has a call which sounds like its name 15. My father works for an [ idle – international – ended ] company . 16. [ Quack – Miaow – Cough ] is the sound of the cat . 17. All the [ characters – stuff – personality ] in this story are funny . It is a comic

story. 18. Please get rid of this [ staff – stuff – stiff ]. It looks terrible . 19. Look out ! The snake is [ hissing - quacking – coaxing ] . 20. [ Mutton – Beef – Mail ] is the meat of the sheep . 21. Mary has a cat [ who – which – whom ] is very lazy .

22. If you [ boiled – boil – had boiled ] your food , you will lose a lot of vitamins .

23. If she [ sits – sat – had sat ] down , everybody would be able to see .

24. People , [who – which – whose ] endanger animals , kill whales for their oil .

25. Mark told me [ not to – to – that ] worry about skis .

26. Maha said that she [ don't - doesn't – didn't ] have any boots .

27. In Asia ,people build houses on stilts [ because – so that – to ] they don't flood .

28. Treasure has [ found – find – been found ] by the divers .

29. I wish I [ could – can – will ] travel to Australia .

30. Homework will be [ did – does – done ] at 8 o'clock .

31. I walk along way to school . I wish I [ have – had – had had ] a bike .

32. My younger sister is interested [ in – at – on ] reading .

Complete : 1. Chinese people speak Chinese as their ……………… 2. ……………. is the sound of water . 3. …………… is the sound of the snake . 4. There was an …………….. match between Egypt and Sudan . 5. I have a headache . Please don't speak so ……………..

Page 46: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Complete using the suitable preposition : 1. Sally's class is doing a project ………………. oceans .

2. What do you know …………………….. oceans ?

3. People need oceans …………… food and transport .

4. Tourists are a threat ……………….. wild life .

5. Oil tankers sometimes spill sticky black oil ……………. the sea .

6. Dinosaurs had been ………….. earth for 150 million years .

7. Scientists have found ………..a lot …….. the dinosaurs ………. fossils .

8. I waited nearly……………. an hour .

9. The teacher is always ……………… time . He's never late .

10. ……………………….. in the sky , there's plenty ………….. room .

11. I was waterskiing …………….. the first time .

12. My friends will laugh …………………. me if I make these silly actions .

13. Do you think ………………….. going to the party ?

14. Things will be different ……………. the future .

15. Computers will be controlled …………………..

16. We will be able …………… see history and science .

17. We will learn ………………..…. other planets .

18. People will be fed ……………….. seaweed ………….. seaweed farms .

19. People will be transported ……………….. tunnels ……….. the sea .

20. There will be too many people ……….. earth .

21. They will be taught …………….. live ………… friendly moons .

22. ……………. now you have learned a lot ……………. English .

23. ……………….. 325 million people speak English ……….. a second language .

24. English has borrowed words ………………. other languages .

25. English farmers looked …………………the animals .

26. ……………. spite of this , people go ………. looking …… buried treasures .

27. ………… thousands ………….. years , gold and silver have been highly valued .

28. Oil has been found …………….. the sea ………… well as under the ground .

Page 47: Macmillan 6 booklet t2

Rewrite : 1. Dina will eat all the fish on the table . [ All the fish ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 2. My mother made me clean the floor , that's why I didn't come . [ If ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 3. Petti said to Mark " Bring a warm coat ." [ Petti asked .. ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 4. People paint their houses white so that they reflect the sun . [Why…….? ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 5. I read a nice story last right . [ not ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 6. Tamer said to me " I'm arriving on Friday ." [ told ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 7. He said , " When did you go to the park , Adel ?" [ asked ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 8. The cat chased the mouse . This cat is mine . [ which ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 9. They have broken the glass window . [The glass window ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 10. We save money to buy a car . [ so that ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 11. You have lied to me . [ I ] ……………………………………………………………………………………. 12. I don't have any money . [ I wish ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 13. " Did you do your homework ?" the teacher said . [The teacher asked ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 14. They haven't finished the washing up yet . [ The washing up ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 15. I don't have enough money . I can't help the poor . [ If ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 16. She chose blue jeans . [ Blue jeans ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 17. A fisherman caught fish . [ What ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 18. She is buying new clothes . [ yesterday ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 19. I always remember your birthday. [ Your birthday ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 20. The teacher gave us two lessons yesterday . [ Two lessons ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 21. I will plant flowers . [ Flowers ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 22. Have you fed the baby ? [ yet ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 23. I have been working for three hours . [ since ] …………………………………………………………………………………… 24. He has worked in the morning . [ all morning ] ……………………………………………………………………………………