The meanfuling things of M.U. to a Korean college staff
1 2 3 4
: 2010. 6. 14 ~ 11. 30 (5 16)
1. : Missouri Columbia 10 2. 3. : the University of Missouri Asian Center (the University of Missouri)
1839 4 , , ,
(Enrollment) : 30,130 : 4,149(72% full-time, 28% part-time) - : 12,165(72% full-time, 28% part-time) 3. (Asian Affairs Center) 1998 13 full-time, 8 instructors
4. : (GLP) (Global Leadership Program)
4. - Topics Courses ~ , 9 ~ 12 GLP 4 Persuasion and NegotiationTravel & TourismU.S. Federal DepartmentsLeadershipConversational EnglishThe Changing American WorkplacePresentationTrends that Made AmericaIdiomatic EnglishCurrent topics in Local GovernmentVocabulary ExtensionBig Books and Talk - Global Leadership Seminar : , - Professional Site Visit , - GLP Summer Session : 2010. 6. 21 ~ 7. 15(4)
- GLP Fall Session(First) : 2010. 8. 16 ~ 9. 28(7) (Topics Courses, Seminar ) - GLP Fall Session(Second) : 2010. 10. 6 ~ 11. 18(7) (Topics Courses, Seminar )
(International Church) - Clag . - God loves strangers, so we love strangers.- .
1. (Tutor)- I.E.P.(Intensive English Program) Kimberly 2, 1 2 (Tutoring) .
- 1 (Leadership) - (Characteristics), (True Color), (, Gary Kelly) ,
IQ and technical skills are important,But, emotional intelligence is the sine qua nonof leadership2.
My Leadership Philosophy Jonghan An I am a salaried worker.I will support my superior and lead my subordinates until I retire.So, for me, leadership is the ability to make aware of the fact that the department's success is linked directly with the individual's success to subordinates.To make this possible, I should have characteristics as follows.- I have to commit myself to my organization.- I have to be a expert in my field.- I have to be strict in my self-discipline.- I have to grasp my subordinate's strength and weakness.And then, - I will let my subordinates have many experiences of success through their works. These experiences make my subordinates think positive and be loyal to the organization. (Presentation) - 7~8 .
- , , ,
Practice, Practice, Practice3. The Meaningful things of M.U.
to a Korean visitorJonghan An
What is the most impressive?
Mizzou Legacy Walk
The walkway composed ofbricks that were carved withdonors names In 2006, the Mizzou Associationsponsored 900 events worldwide with100,000 Alumni and friends.
The support of 36,000 members hasmade all of accomplishments possible.In 2006, the Mizzou Associationsponsored 900 events worldwide with100,000 Alumni and friends.
The support of 36,000 members hasmade all of accomplishments possible. 900 Alumni events
Why do alumni donate? M.U. is
a precious andmeaningful placeto alumni
What makes M.U. a precious and meaningful place to alumni ?
(1st) M.U. values TraditionBuilding Renovation
(Tate Hall)(outside)(inside)Black & white photos
(Memorial Union)(Student Recreation Complex)Homecoming
(MU News 1933)(Parade 1954)(Football 2010)(Parade 2010)
Valuing Tradition ? It makes students and alumni feel
Pride in M.U.
Close Identity (Kinship)
Sense of Home for M.U.especially alumni (2nd)
M.U. is Customer Oriented Facilities with Careful Concern(Fitness center)
Facilities with Careful Concern
(In a Visitor Guide Brochure)Guide Map
(On a Walkway)Customer Oriented ?It makes Students be satisfied with M.U.loyal supporters of M.U. in the future (3rd)
M.U. Effectively uses Mascot & ColorsMascot : TIGER
Colors : Black & Gold
The effective use of Mascot & Colors makesall members into One* Members : Students Alumni Faculty & Staff Their familyValuing Tradition Customer Oriented Mascot & Colors StudentsAlumniTextextTextSatisfaction, Pride Loyal Supporters
Finally, I know
What I told you so far are Small things, And, we have to judge a university by many factors. But, I think
are really important
these things are the Meaningful Symbols that show the Unchanging Values that M.U. pursues. (Customer Oriented, Valuing Tradition) Because
[Kimberly ]2. (Thanksgiving Day) 10 ..
[ 3,883m ]3.
4. - 10 ( 8)- 4( 9 ~ 1) 1 ( 3) ?
, . . , . 6 , .