P32 33 Answers Check 11) 2) ()3) 4)
Check 21) reading 2) swimming()3) traveling
Check 31) made 2) sitting
1) I hope to see you again. ( )2) It is pleasant to run in the morning. ( )3) I found it impossible to find a taxi around here. ( )4) My job is to guide foreigners through Tokyo. ( )
[ ](1-2)1) [to, many, see, places] There are ( ) in Nagasaki.2) [to, the chance, visit] We had ( ) some colleges.3) [pass, student, to, the only] Ted is ( ) the test.4) [check, no, had, to, time] I ( ) my e-mail yesterday.
1) many places to see2) the chance to visit3) the only student to pass4) had no time to check
1) Im sorry (to be) late.
2) The English book is easy (to read).
3) I woke up (to find) myself in the hospital.
4) Bill went out (to post) a letter.
5) I was careless (to leave) my bag on the bus.
He promised not to work on holidays.
You must be careful never to make the same mistakes.
forof a It is of A to A It is stupid of me to play games all day.
It was careless of you not to turn off the lights.
for It is for A to AIt is necessary for us to make girlfriends.
forof It is of A to A It is stupid of me to sleep in the classroom.
It was careless of you to leave your textbook at home.
for It is for A to AIt is necessary for us to play ( ) to make friends.
SVOto a1 O wish, would likeHe wanted his friend not to throw erasers.
2 O permit, cause, My mother gets me to do the laundry.
3 O request, order My teacher told me to wake up.
SVOto b1 O wish, would like
I want him to give me back my eraser. 2 O permit, cause,
My mother gets me to do the dishes.
3 O request, order My teacher told me to stay focused.
1) careful not to touch the screen 2) I tried never to say anything 1) I want Jim to know the truth.() 2) It is necessary for the baby to see a doctor at once.() 3) It was careless of you to leave the window open. () 4) I expect Alice to be back home in a few days. (23) 1) My mother (made me take) the bitter medicine.() 2) I (heard Meg call) my name on the street.() 3) I'll (have John drive) you to the station.() 4) She was (watching a man draw a picture of the sky). () 1) told me not to send 2) let me do[try] 3) important for you to join 4) her son dance
seem to b to He seems to be sleepy. to have She seems to have played games all night. to beingHe seems to be using his cell phone now.
bto beI want to be thanked by my friends. to be hugged by my teacher. to be praised by my mother.
to beI want to be waken up by ( ).
1) seems to love() 2) seems to have lost() 3) to be() 4) to have broken() 1) to belong 2) to have received 3) to live 1) to be calling 2) to be invited 3) to have been found 1) to be sleeping 2) seemed to know 3) to be changed 4) to have been popular 5) said to have been destroyed
HW for10/5 a