The Delicious buttons can be downloaded to your computers toolbar
When you visit a site you would like to bookmark, simply click on the tag icon
4. Delicious.com Practical Ideas
Rather than save things to favourites, save them in Delicious. That way, you can access them from anywhere.
Create a Delicious account for staff in your school to share great websites
Create a class delicious account for topic work. Encourage parents to contribute, too
5. Digital Camcorder Falkirk CouncilEducation Services
What can it do?
It can record up to 60 minutes of video
it has its own built in FlipShare editing software
the flip-out USB arm plugs into any computer
6. Digital Camcorder Practical Ideas
Use the camera to create a video yearbook
Have the children work in groups to write a playscript. Video the groups acting out their finished scripts
Give the class a maths problem to solve. Allow collaborative groups to video how they solved the problem. Compare the problem solving techniques applied by each group
Groups of children could produce a video of a short t.v. type advert on helping the environment
7. Mp3 Voice Recorders Falkirk CouncilEducation Services Inexpensive and portable Mp3 players with built in microphones have many uses. Voices can be easily recorded, then edited using the Audacity programme installed in all Falkirk Council computers. 8. Voice Recorders Practical Ideas
Pupils interview parents to find out about their early years. This could help them write an autobiography.
Interview oldest members of the family to discover what life was like in the past. This could gove the children a sense of history when learning about WW2, for example. Recordings from each family member could be shared with the others back in class.
Use the Mp3 recorders to help recount what was learned on a class trip. Photographs could be used as prompts.
Use the voice recorders along with pictures to help make a digital story.
9. Wiki Collaboration Falkirk CouncilEducation Services