- 1. How to Make a Smooth Transition from One Career to Another Gordon Wang Alpha Selection
2. 0 5% 10% 15% 20% 25% High-tech Consumer goods Real estate 30% Manufactur-ing Services Traditional industries Other industries Turnover Rate in 2008 & 2009 Source: 2009 Enterprise Survey on Turnover and Salary Adjustment( 2009 )2008 2009 9.7% 10.4% 13.5% 16.3% 16.7% 17.7% 18.3% 2009 22.9% 20.7% 20.2% 23.6% 27.4% 24.1% 24.4% 2008 3. 0 5% 10% 15% 20% 25% Probation Probation-1year 1-3years 30% 3-5years Above 5 years 35% 40% Turnover Rate of Different Service Period in 2009 Source: 2009 Enterprise Survey on Turnover and Salary Adjustment( 2009 ) 4. 5. Internal TransitionExternal Transition Career Transition 6. Current Job Evaluation Get well along with others? Far from your home? Satisfied with the amount? Bright future? Overwhelmed by work stress? Five Essential Aspects of a Job Salary Prospect Comfort Location Colleague 7.
- These five elements have a maximum 20 scores respectively.
- Choose a suitable score for each element according to your own judgement.
Instructions of This Evaluation Calculation & Suggestion
- Calculate your total scores.
Current Job Evaluation 8. Illustrationof an Example SalaryProspect ComfortColleague LocationA.Salary12 scores B.Prospect17 scores C.Comfort5 scoresD.Colleague10 scores D.Location10 scores Total: 54 scores 9. Types of External Transition Parallel Positions 01 Progressive Positions 02 03 Unrelated Positions 04 Transferable Positions 10. Parallel Positions( Same or Similar position) B (Local Company) A (MNC) Company Chairman Finance Controller, China Report Line 30 subordinates of 4 Plants 50 subordinates of South China Managing Scale 30,000 / m 40,000/ m Package Finance Manager Finance Manager, South China Title 11. Comparison of Three Progressive Positions Accounting Knowledge English Level Oracle User Team Playing Three Positions Process Associate (PA) Senior Process Associate (SPA) Team Leader (TL) Progressive Positions Requirements 12. Transferable Positions 1. Excellent communication skills 2.Marketing developing capability and insight3. Team building & leading ability 4. Customer-orientation 1. Project proposing & negotiating 2.Marketing background 3. knowledge of research techniques, statistics and multivariate analysis 4. Client Focus 2&4 Marketing Manager Senior Executive 13. Unrelated Positions Unrelated Positions connections expertise experience insight 14. Action Preparation for Your Next Job How Can You Transit Well After On-boarding? 1 2 15. Preparation for Your Next Job Self-analysis Career Options
16. Information Gathering of Career Options 17. Preparation for Your Next Job Self-analysis Career Options Networking Activities Opportunities
Well prepared for your next Job! 18. How Do You Transit Smoothly After On-boarding? Research Your New Job Small Projects New Contacts Office Style Impressing 19. Passion Challenges Precondition: Your Attitude Motivation 20. Tips Do work from your next level up Keep good records.Professional development. Do more than necessary 1 2 3 4 Dont jump too frequently 5 21. Mind Mapping of Your New Job 22. More Usages of Mind Map
Tony Buzan 23. Thank you!